Buying Video Games In The Us

Mark

Boris Johnson: Cuddly Conservative
Website
www.gp-magazine.org.uk
Since I'm off to New York next month I hope to pick up a large stack of cheap games for the DS and a few other consoles.

I can get a rough idea of the prices online, but I'm unsure if these prices are cheaper simply because of that fact. Are there are chains of store I should go for when looking for cheap games, and some that I should stay away from?

Is the average price for a new DS game $34.99? How much do PSP games normally cost?

Cheers.

DS games go for about $30-$35 (new)

I think psp games go for about $40 (new also), but i'm not sure (don't usually look at them, i don't have a psp)

As for stores, you can usually find them at just about any big retailer (Target, Wal-Mart, etc.). Best Buy (large chain of electronic stores) usually has a larger selection of games than your average retailer, but they don't seem to have that many DS games from my experiences. You could also try gamestop or EB games. These are pretty large chains that carry a lot of new and used games. I've found that the gamestop in my area carries a lot more DS games than Best Buy or most other retailers.

I've found that Circuit City often has strangely good bargains (I got Golden Sun there for $12 when it was relatively new :blink: ), if you're like me and have to spend as little money as possible. But other than that, your best bet is GameStop.

PSP games tend to be $40 or $50.
Of the 3 DS games I've bought, two were $35 and one was $30.

Good luck in New York, by the way.

There arent a lot of DS games released...but a few good ones are: Nintendogs, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attourney, Lost In Blue, Wario Ware.

Wait for MarioKart DS and stuff....

There arent a lot of DS games released...but a few good ones are: Nintendogs, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attourney, Lost In Blue, Wario Ware.

It may have been true 10 months ago that there weren't many DS games released, but even 12 months on I currently have:

Super Mario 64
Wario Ware Touched

Pokémon Dash
Polaruim
Meteos
Electroplankton
Band Brothers
Super Princess Peach

Touch Game Party (Not arrived yet)
Pac N Roll (Not arrived yet)
Advance Wars Dual Strike
Jump Superstars
Pheonix Wright
Feel The Magic
Nintendogs (Dacshund)

Rayman DS (Dire)
Pac Pix
Crystal Drive Tennis
Kirby and the Magic Paint Brush
Yoshi's Touch And Go
Zoo Keeper
Another Code

With Mario Kart on the way (From the US, DHL delivery to get it a week earlier than in the UK ;)) and an interest in getting Viewtiful Joe, Ouenden, Sonic Rush, Tony Hawks, Animal Crossing and Maro and Luigi Superstar Saga 2, all of which are either out now (some only in Japan) or will be out by the 5th November.

And the one's I've bolded are the one's that are pretty much essential ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

It may have been true 10 months ago that there weren't many DS games released, but even 12 months on I currently have:

Super Mario 64
Wario Ware Touched

Pokémon Dash
Polaruim
Meteos
Electroplankton
Band Brothers
Super Princess Peach

Touch Game Party (Not arrived yet)
Pac N Roll (Not arrived yet)
Advance Wars Dual Strike
Jump Superstars
Pheonix Wright
Feel The Magic
Nintendogs (Dacshund)

Rayman DS (Dire)
Pac Pix
Crystal Drive Tennis
Kirby and the Magic Paint Brush
Yoshi's Touch And Go
Zoo Keeper
Another Code

With Mario Kart on the way (From the US, DHL delivery to get it a week earlier than in the UK ;)) and an interest in getting Viewtiful Joe, Ouenden, Sonic Rush, Tony Hawks, Animal Crossing and Maro and Luigi Superstar Saga 2, all of which are either out now (some only in Japan) or will be out by the 5th November.

And the one's I've bolded are the one's that are pretty much essential ;)

werent you selling tony hawk on the psp a while back because you didnt like it? i imagine the controls on a ds would be crap. to be honest im not impressed with american wasteland, i have it for xbox. 3rd game was the las good one

I would recommend getting Castlevania: Dawn of sorrow. Its definitely one of the best DS games out at this time.

If you want to play Link up then I recommend you put the extra money towards a UK Version of the game.... I bought GTA LCS (US Import) and had to buy the UK version so I can play link up :(...

hahaha if you're going to NY walk around and look for people selling boot leg games :)

... but if you are going the legal route Wal-mart usually has a good selection of games at pretty cheap prices. They can have cheaper games cause they pay their employees crap, but I have to shop there. So, yeah for treating their employees like crap!

hahaha if you're going to NY walk around and look for people selling boot leg games :)

... but if you are going the legal route Wal-mart usually has a good selection of games at pretty cheap prices. They can have cheaper games cause they pay their employees crap, but I have to shop there. So, yeah for treating their employees like crap!

Nah, not bootleg. They ain't collectable ;)

Back