C.e. Test Booked For 14 Oct 2009

Nation.A.List

ED's new post on official blog

"Just a quick note:
Got an appointment.

CE testing will take place next week on Wednesday and will probably take about 1 - 2 hours.

This will leave me some time to setup the unit to prepare the test. I'm also working together with DJWillis, notaz and cpasjuste at the moment to bring the patchworked OS together :) "

Buddy Holly had it right
"Every day it's a getting closer,
going faster than a roller-coaster"

I can almost feel the Pandora in the palm of my hands. We all know it's gonna pass the test, but hypothetically speaking, what will happen if it doesn't?

Yigguth said:
I can almost feel the Pandora in the palm of my hands. We all know it's gonna pass the test, but hypothetically speaking, what will happen if it doesn't?
Wrap the bitch in lead and ship it anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is great technically the CE testing is higher need than FCC,though testing for FCC probably is about the same amount of time initially anyway. receiving the documentation which gives the manufacturer the green light to put the logos on it could take quite a bit longer I would assume, maybe wrong about that one though.

just jam the plutonium battery in and hope for the best ed ;)

hope everything goes well, hope some spare time comes during the wait for some update photos of the prototype... surely the case should be spiffy and shiny now..

Another lightning fast blog entry from EvilDragon. Judgement day draws near! Beware the four horsemen of the Pandocalypse

OMFG JUDGEMENT DAY IS HAPPENING!!!! I tried to tell you all we had to stop it... but NNNoooOOOOOoooo, nobody listens to jb0yx
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/49688-first-105-pandoras/page__view__findpost__p__757752

:lol: now we're all f**ked

Shaun. said:
Does this still mean that mass board production will start early as planned?

i guess so.. once testing has passed things can move!

If CE testing is passed on the 14th, I imagine they'll be giving mass production of boards the thumbs up on the 15th. That happens to be the estimated completion date of the case moulds too... next week could be a very interesting week.

Gruso said:
next week could be a very interesting week.
interesting like this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXQTzJgU6qc

that shit don't look fun you guys... but there still may be time

Game_over said:
This is great technically the CE testing is higher need than FCC,though testing for FCC probably is about the same amount of time initially anyway. receiving the documentation which gives the manufacturer the green light to put the logos on it could take quite a bit longer I would assume, maybe wrong about that one though.

The good thing for the non-US people:

FCC is only relevant for the US :)
All the European customers need to wait for is the CE.

But that is just theoretic, as I am not sure if OpenPandora will send out the to European countries first because of this.

And YES, I know what shit that sentence above can stir up here in the forum.
I wrote it intentionally :)

Gruso said:
Yigguth said:
Wrap the bitch in lead and ship it anyway.

Indeed, our friend metal tape will help.

so the aditional combo for a pandora box is a box full of ducks?

greendots said:
How about keymat MP, battery MP and mains adapters?
It was mentioned in the official blog a few days ago by ED
"As soon as Michael gets the final nubs (which should arrive soon), he’s gonna ship a complete prototype Pandora to me (in Germany), and we’ll do a quick CE testing with that one"

meanwhile are we going to get more pics/vids? of this very last prototype

srry im on a digital signals class right now and its driving me nuts

Nation.A.List said:
greendots said:
How about keymat MP, battery MP and mains adapters?
It was mentioned in the official blog a few days ago by ED
"As soon as Michael gets the final nubs (which should arrive soon), he’s gonna ship a complete prototype Pandora to me (in Germany), and we’ll do a quick CE testing with that one"
Thanks/Sorry but that has nothing to do with my question.

Back