Caanoo A Great Handheld, Its So Great That I Sold...

renejr902

Website
Visit site
Since i have my caanoo. i just play with this handheld. sure it has this analog stick.. even without a d-pad this is the best handheld for retro games that i owned.

and i owned near all of them except pandora.

i had all these handheld and i sold all of them because i just want to keep my caanoo:

- gp2x wiz
- 3 gp32
- 2 gp2x
- dingoo a320
- letcool
- psp hacked for homebrew and emulators
- DS with homebrew and emulators
- 2 original gameboy and gamegear.
and more

I just need the caanoo for emulation. its the only handheld i need.

So if you want to buy a handheld for emulation, Buy a Caanoo. All emlators work full speed and full screen. I love this thing.

Have a great day

What a great post! I agree, I've had GP handhelds back to my GP32 Blu+, and the Caanoo is the first one that betters that original unit.
It's wonderful, and I'm having a ball finding old gems of games on old gems of consoles. :)

yeah the first one to beat the gp32 Blu. thats a fact.

i just wish they re-release another caanoo version with a D-pad too. but without changing others harware of software to keep the compatibility at 100%.

Still the analog stick work great, cant reaqlly complaint about anything. All street fighter move work perfect. any platform games works perfect too.

Oh It's good to hear that caanoo is so great. ;-) I've ordered mine a few days ago :D before PCSX4ALL i would have bought Dingo A380 ;D
Also how much analog is annoying while playing dpad games?
And does the linux inside like gamepads like Speedlink Xeox? Also is there ndiswrapper for caanoo? for my wifi stick. Does all sources (kernel and drivers) are published?

no problem with d-pad at all. its responsive exactly like a d-pad. i dont feel any difference in mario bros games with nes and snes emulator.

its just i prefer the d-pad feeling. its personal :)

but the analog stick is 100% responsive no difference with a d-pad. the guys that made the emulators really did a great work with the analog stick

I use my Caanoo every day, but I still have a soft spot for my good ole' GP2X f100.

I love my Caanoo, but I have to admit that it sure is nice having a higher-resolution screen for some things ..

I'm thinking of getting one soon. I have a Wiz now, which I love. But I think it's about had it. Got it at Christmas and already had to send it back for a broken button. Now I think the down key on the directional pad may be wearing out and I have noticed 4 or 5 bad pixels (black spots on the screen which do not go away...screen rot?). Plus I do not like the buttons that much. They feel cheap and too close together.

Only thing I am worried about with the Caanoo is that I've read some emulators do not run as fast or are not as robust (and there aren't as many?) and I think the screen quality might be noticeably less than the Wiz. Plus I don't know how well I will adapt to the analog stick. The fact that the speakers on the back of the unit seems like a bad idea but I use headphones a lot.

What I do like is the look of the unit and the button configuration. The 4 buttons seem to be the definitive layout. Plus it uses an SD card which I already have. I like the idea of a bigger screen but if it is less quality than the Wiz, that could be an issue. As I mentioned, the analog stick will take some adjustment but it appears to be more durable than the Wiz's control pad.

I'm pretty much leaning towards one, but gotta wait until I actually have money. There are cons to both the Wiz and the Caanoo but I need something reliable because I play the heck out of my Wiz -- I frequently have to recharge daily!

darklight1138 said:
Only thing I am worried about with the Caanoo is that I've read some emulators do not run as fast or are not as robust (and there aren't as many?) and I think the screen quality might be noticeably less than the Wiz.
I would not worry much about the emulators : it's the same SoC, so they will work equally (as long as they support the stick).

darklight1138 said:
Plus I don't know how well I will adapt to the analog stick.
that is a real reason to worry : it is high so the travel distance are longer than you think... I'm not yet used to it (worst : I still prefer pandora nubs)

darklight1138 said:
The fact that the speakers on the back of the unit seems like a bad idea but I use headphones a lot.
Surprisingly, this is not an issue. They are located in a way that when I'm holding my caanoo, the sound rebound in my hands. So I'm guetting a near direct sound and I'm not losing stereo (as you might fear)

Last edited by a moderator:
I to have a Dingoo a320 & gemei a330 Dingoo a380 and my canoo love em all though.

I've had mine for a few days and I gotta say, I LOVE it. It absolutely trumps the Wiz in many ways. I love the feel of the unit. It actually feels something approaching top tier mass produced stuff, e.g. Nintendo DS. The buttons feel tight and responsive and the unit has a good solid heft to it. It's bigger and heavier than the Wiz by a good margin which was surprising. And the screen, while a step down, is still brilliant.

The only cons is a software presence a little lacking and the speakers on the back. I really don't like that. But I use headphones a lot so it becomes a moot issue. I love being able to rotate vertical schmups, that's just awesome. Well, I would do a proper review but I got serious crap going on. Just know I love it! :D

i really like more my Caanoo than my wiz.

the reasons:

- screen quality is similar to Wiz screen. and the caanoo screen is so bright, really great. the colors are great too. only the black is not as good vs Wiz.

- the emulators works better or the same. GBA is faster. NES emulator is better, no tearing at all. really annoying on the wiz, even with the rotating version.

- SNES has a better scaling view. its look better in the caanoo than wiz. speed is the same. and SNES is really fullspeed 60fps for all games except a few one, that still runs at 100% speed with a few less FPS. i hate playing a emulator that dont work exactly like the real HARDWARE. So if i love the snes on the caanoo, believe me its near perfect. Picodrive is the same, perfect for me. :) Oh boy gameboy is better than wiz , really faster and have a fullscreen scaling option that look great. really more enjoyable. Gamegear and sega master, is better too, because you have 2 great emulators and both runs great with fullscreen scaling option. playing gamegear and sega master not fullscreen in the wiz is a real pain. LOL

- 3.5' screen is really A BIG DIFFERENCE with 2.8 Believe me. In my wiz i had difficulty to play nes. Nes on my caanoo its wonderful.

- the wiz oled screen has very little blur when fast action, from left to right. and caanoo LCD screen is really great, not really more blur than wiz. its impressive for a LCD screen. you understand what i means if you play emulators on a PSP. it a disaster.

- the wiz is very small for text reading, Caanoo 3.5 is really more readable.

- Caanoo stick cant beat Wiz D-PAD, but the Wiz D-pad was not great, so i can live with the Caanoo stick. The GP32 stick was the best, but it was a digital stick not analog like caanoo. i remember the day i bought my gp32 only a few months after its release, it was so nice at that time.
STILL DONT WORRY, the caanoo stick 100 times better than gp2x stick. you cant compare them, gp2x stick is really BAD, a disaster, a nightmare...
the caanoo stick is responsive like a great d-pad, only the feeling is different. but work great like a d-pad.
and the caanoo stick is 50 times better than Tapwave Zodiac stick. zodiac stick was a nightmare too.

The TRUTH is: The Wiz is really better than Dingoo A320. and the CAANOO is really better than the WIZ. TODAY for a new customer, only a few of them will prefer a a320 or the wiz VS the Caanoo. The caanoo beat them completly , screen size and quality ,emulators speed and scaling.
and i dont like the a320 d-pad, so for me the caanoo stick is better and more enjoyable. i cant believe i can say something like that about a stick. i hate so much the gp2x and zodiac stick. i even mod my gp2x with a d-pad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back