Can Sonic Robo Blast 2 Be Ported To Gp32?

Knuckles500

Still Fresh
Sonic Robo Blast 2 is a fun game, it's a sonic fan made game and I really like it. Will it work with the GP32? It's said that SRB2 uses the same code as Doom 2, but a lot of people say it wont load because of it's power, I think that reason is bull shit. Anyone care to try it out?

hello, i was looking at that page and didn't see any soure available...but from those pics it sure as hell looks possible...

just a word of warning...DON'T ask for ports unless you are SURE source code is available...it can't be ported unless it has source code... :)

nerd of nerds posted on Jul 4 2004 at 10:54 PM said:
hello, i was looking at that page and didn't see any soure available...but from those pics it sure as hell looks possible...
How exactly do you go about determining whether something can be ported just based on the pictures?

Last edited by a moderator:
you can tell what kind of power a game needs to run just by looking at a picture most of the time

Hold on, I got the source code. Let me see...

www.freewebs.com/blamco/srb2src108.exe

You need the SRB2 wad in order to work. All you do is download the game, rename srb2.srb to srb2.wad (i think).

I doubt that would work - have you tried it?

There does appear to be a couple of Sonic Doom games though - just do a Google for Sonic Doom - which should work...

argon0 posted on Jul 5 2004 at 11:07 AM said:
I doubt that would work - have you tried it?

There does appear to be a couple of Sonic Doom games though - just do a Google for Sonic Doom - which should work...
How about we find out for real first, then we'll agree with you :D

Last edited by a moderator:
is this a doom wad
it doesn't seem like it
it says it supports internet play and i thought the doom engine couldn't do that

edit: and look at this

System Requirements

Minimum Spec (320x200):

* Intel Pentium II 300mhz or better*
* 64mb RAM
* 50mb free disk space (2mb free during play)
* DirectX 3 or better compliant video (90 megapixels/sec or better for OpenGL)
* DirectX 3 compliant sound

Recommended Spec (640x400):

* Intel or AMD 700mhz or better*
* 64mb RAM
* 50mb free disk space (2mb free during play)
* DirectX 3 or better compliant video (180 megapixels/sec or better for OpenGL)
* DirectSound compatible sound card

this could not run on gp32

Back