Can You Compare The Gp32 Blu With Zodiac Screen

1. can you compare the gp32 blu screen quality and brightness with zodiac SCREEN
which of the 2 is more beautiful.
its important to me because i hesitate to buy a gp32 blu or a zodiac. i know the good thing of each, but i really need to know if the screen of the zodiac is really better quality and more bright than gp32 blu

thank you very much
anyway i will surely buy a blu gp32

2. what do you see with zodiac and blu gp32 in the day light
and what you see in a dark room

Z screen looks better in my opinion although I've not got a BLU yet, so only seen screenshots. I do have a Z though.

However, gp32 has a shitload more emu's. The Z's main ingrediant at the moment is PalmOS puzzle-games, a lot of which are not full screen (normally restricted to a width of 320 as they were not written for the Zodiac). There are some nice games though like Microquad and Orbz.

Squidge posted on Aug 8 2004 at 09:11 PM said:
Z screen looks better in my opinion although I've not got a BLU yet, so only seen screenshots. I do have a Z though.

However, gp32 has a shitload more emu's. The Z's main ingrediant at the moment is PalmOS puzzle-games, a lot of which are not full screen (normally restricted to a width of 320 as they were not written for the Zodiac). There are some nice games though like Microquad and Orbz.
You can't compare screens with pics only.

It depends a lot of each pic.

The BLU screen is EXCELLENT in darkness but not good with the direct sunshine.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only time I have had a problem with the BLU in direct sunlight so far is while playing the incredibly dark Blackthorne.

gbfan_gbfan_gbfan posted on Aug 8 2004 at 07:34 PM said:
1. can you compare the gp32 blu screen quality and brightness with zodiac SCREEN
which of the 2 is more beautiful.
its important to me because i hesitate to buy a gp32 blu or a zodiac. i know the good thing of each, but i really need to know if the screen of the zodiac is really better quality and more bright than gp32 blu

thank you very much
anyway i will surely buy a blu gp32

2. what do you see with zodiac and blu gp32 in the day light
and what you see in a dark room

The screen on the Zodiac is a bit brighter when you have it on full power. When you do that the battery drains fast though, and unlike the GP32 you can't swap out the batteries in the Z for charged ones because they are hardwired in. So you need to get to a cradle and wait 4 hours to charge them.

The screen on the GP32 BLU while not as bright, is still good in every other way like colors etc.

Also the analog stick on the Z is shit for emulators that were made for a digital pad in my experience.

hey mattago im surprised you said that . did you try the blu too ?
can you tell me why you prefer the flu. thanks ( is it because you have a better screen quality in direct sun ??)

gbfan_gbfan_gbfan posted on Aug 10 2004 at 01:48 AM said:
hey mattago im surprised you said that . did you try the blu too ?
can you tell me why you prefer the flu. thanks ( is it because you have a better screen quality in direct sun ??)
It must be because of the direct sun thing. I had a FLU and it was really poor in dark environments. It looks all washed out with very pale colors compared to the BLU. The FLU looks and works like a GBA SP.

Back