Can You Help Me Choose?

Gamer4life

Still Fresh
Website
www.computerhulpww.tk
Can you help me choose which handheld i must buy.
The properties it must have if could:
1.Play dos games such as duke nukem,doom,commander keen,rise of the traid etc.
2.You can watch tv on it or you can internet on it and more of that funny gadgets.(it can with wifi adapters but which hanhelds could do it)
3.Very good graphics(i have heard that you can play quake 3 on the xgp i dont
now if this is treu)
4.You can emulate gba,atari,snes,nes etc.

can you please say which handhelds could do that.
psp,gp32,gp2x,xgp you can choose out.

Greetz,
Gamer4life :D

I would honestly have to suggest the XGP based on your requirements, though at the moment it is vaporware and will very likely retail for MUCH more than the GP2X, which would be my second recommendation.

I would suggest you to wait some years. There is no handheld that can make all the things you listed and expectfully there will be no handheld like this for a long time, if ever...

All of them can do most of what you said. But none so far can emulate DOS (so only the few games that were ported work. ie Duke and Doom, ROTT), or support USB devices completely.

You cant play Quake 3 on the XGP, because nobody has programmed anything for the XGP yet. Quake 1 however, runs on GP32 and GP2X.

You will be able to emulate gba,atari,snes,nes etc. Everything of those but GBA is already on the GP32 and will be availiable once the scene matures enough on the GP2X. Probably the XGP will too. And that stuffs already on the PSP.

But if you want to do EVERYTHING on your list 100% perfectly, I suggest waiting 5 years, or buying a modern laptop.

:) Best of luck to your involvement with our scene anyway. Lower your expectations a bit, and you'll find its already good enough.

Honestly? A laptop.

None of the handhelds you have listed can do 1-3 (yet), but they all can do 4 to some degree (except XGP which we know little about).

Which handheld should I choose?

I want one that can watch movies, play music, play emulators, run homebrew, and fly me to the moon. I was thinking about gp32, gp2x, xgp, and psp, but which one?

I was thinking about using google or perhaps searching through the forums, but I decided to just ask here and wait for everyone to respond rather than taking it upon myself to gain the knowledge I seek.

If anyone can please spoon feed me the information I would very very very very much appreciate it.

Oh, and can the handheld please play playstation and xbox games as well as halo and quake 3... that would be sweet.

Also, if it is not too much trouble, could we just make a forum called "Which handheld to choose, despite the fact that I ask on a GP32 site????" I think that could help a lot of people out.

Reaper

yaustar posted on Oct 16 2005 at 02:36 PM said:
Honestly? A laptop.

I concure, you want an awful lot out a handheld. For a machine to do all that it would probably cost you a pretty extensive amount or if it didn't it would likely do some of those functions poorly. Frankly I'd say if you were a serious "gamer4life" You'd eventually have all of the handhelds... except maybe the XGP since no one seems to care about it. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy crap! That OQO is amazing for the size. But two thousand bucks??? :eek: I can dream...

btw right now, maybe the Gizmondo is closest to what Gamer4life is wanting?

reaper79 posted on Oct 16 2005 at 07:57 PM said:
Which handheld should I choose?

I want one that can watch movies, play music, play emulators, run homebrew, and fly me to the moon. I was thinking about gp32, gp2x, xgp, and psp, but which one?

I was thinking about using google or perhaps searching through the forums, but I decided to just ask here and wait for everyone to respond rather than taking it upon myself to gain the knowledge I seek.

If anyone can please spoon feed me the information I would very very very very much appreciate it.

Oh, and can the handheld please play playstation and xbox games as well as halo and quake 3... that would be sweet.

Also, if it is not too much trouble, could we just make a forum called "Which handheld to choose, despite the fact that I ask on a GP32 site????" I think that could help a lot of people out.

Reaper

Word brother. That what gpx2.com is for....mmmm...Spoonfeed by anna hong <3

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember that 1Ghz CPU does not mean 1Ghz Pentium performance. The CPU's used in both computers are equally slow - slower than the VIA C3 at the same clockspeed. I have a mini-itx with a 1Ghz VIA CPU and it's not exactly a gaming machine. It's fine for office tasks and surfing the net but it can't even run Snes9x fullspeed.

Back