Candidacy For Being A Mod

^ Thanks :)

I ask, cause it would make things easier if I could move/pin stuff without having to ask someone else. Things are still relatively quiet, but the more people get their Pandoras, the more things need to be canalized.

Thanks for the vote of confidence Quote. :) Sometimes I wish I had mod rights to help tidy things up, but I fear it would change my relationship with community (too many fingers in the pie and all that). Plus there's the extra time commitment.

Mali has my vote though. He's very pro-community, could never be accused of bias, and is generally against locks and bannings. I believe he's the kind of help we'll be needing as the forums get busier. :)

Sphinxter said:
Besides pissing off Craigx what are your qualifications?
This is actually a pretty valuable qualification :D
j/k
I don't want to talk about qualifications. People know what I do. Ok, I post much nonsense, but there is also important stuff in between. Mod powers would make my work for the community easier and more efficient, that's all.
This candidacy is an offer and no begging ;)

Thanks for your support, Gruso, you have my vote too :)

Last edited by a moderator:
1+.
Mali absolutely deserves to be a mod. He's fair, balanced, friendly, and in general an excellent member. He's good with keeping things under control in a conversation. I think he should definitely be a moderator!

In the short time ive been using these forums in comparison to a lot of you, i've found mali to have the balls to tell someone to sit down and stfu as well as be paitent and understanding for those that need it. I'd give him a +1 on the mod position too

>.>

/me prepares a bunker for when mali goes ban crazee =P I tease

I was reluctant to add my +1 too early, as I am not sure that a vote from me (especially alone) would be any sort of recommendation. But Mali has my vote :D

Maybe we should start a poll?

[runaway]

You'd make a good one. You seem to do pretty well already, though, and I wonder if the icon showing you're a mod would change the way you are seen.

In case of a tie, however, you have my vote. (Well, and now too (Shh.).)

I vote to let the Pandora section run wild if that is its fate - most of the people in there aren't worth spending any time and effort on ;).

Thanks for the support so far :)

Vlynndar, it might be possible that I would be seen differently, cause people tend to be more wary towards Mods. It's the Mod rights I'm after. I don't need a red username or an icon. My view of a Mod is someone who helps organizing and fulfilling user's requests. There are several threads which I'd like to see in the help section so other newbies can benefit, because they are lost in nirvana when they drop off the first pages in the general section. These things will happen more and more and it will be tough work when there are a few thousand users.

Ok, I can PM a Mod every time to help me, but my personality is more being active myself instead of asking others for help. I don't think it's a big thing if I get Mod rights, nothing would change except that there is another helping hand.

My candidacy will last a week and if it hasn't been decided by then, I'll retract.

mali said:
Vlynndar, it might be possible that I would be seen differently, cause people tend to be more wary towards Mods.
Exactly my concern.
It's the Mod rights I'm after. I don't need a red username or an icon.
You getting Mod-rights sounds like something good to me.
My view of a Mod is someone who helps organizing and fulfilling user's requests. There are several threads which I'd like to see in the help section so other newbies can benefit, because they are lost in nirvana when they drop off the first pages in the general section. These things will happen more and more and it will be tough work when there are a few thousand users.

Ok, I can PM a Mod every time to help me, but my personality is more being active myself instead of asking others for help. I don't think it's a big thing if I get Mod rights, nothing would change except that there is another helping hand.
Because of this.

My vote still stands :lol:

I'm neutral, leaning a little toward support.

I haven't been paying too much attention, but I think you've been fairly mod-like, settling disputes and such.

On the minus, your user graphic scares me. ;)

More seriously, how did that whole thing with Craig end?

I would support Gruso, but I think he might be busy enough already. What we really need is another trustworthy admin to create the needed emulation subforum in the Pandora section, since hando's mostly MIA and ED will likely be too busy to do anything for a while.

Esn said:
More seriously, how did that whole thing with Craig end?
You've got to see it from a more distant perspective. I support the Pandora project and the Pandora project is partly his project, so the basic relationship must be positive ;) But in the end I feel more obliged to serve the community as a whole, where Craig is just a small part, albeit an important one. I'm able to work with everyone on a professional level.

picard.png

Back