Can't Click Inside File Manager

sikezero

Still Fresh
Hello,

I'm new to Pandora and I'm running into a problem that I can't seem to find in any other thread.  My apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere.

When I open File Manager, I can make one or two selections and then it stops letting me click on files and folders within the main section of File Manager.  I am able to make selections in the side bar and in the File, Edit, etc menus.  I can also close, minimize, etc.  The program isn't frozen.  Selections made in the side bar cause the main section to change.  it just won't allow me to click or double click on any files in the main window area.  I can right click in the main section but not on any specific files.  Right click gives me options for the folder itself, like Create Folder, Create Document and so on.

I should also point out that this happens in File Manager only.  This does NOT happen when I am prompted to open a file from inside an application.

Has anyone come across this before?  Any help is greatly appreciated.

IIRC its a known bug with the file manager, if you select a different 'view' from the top menu (can't remember which one exactly) if should fix your problem.

CJ

It's a problem with list mode with Thunar(file manager) if it's set to icon mode it will work properly.... Hmm I thought this issue was fixed in one of the recent Super Zaxxon updates.. I guess I'm wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not necessarily Trashy,  we don't know what firmware version sikezero is using.  If he's using SuperZaxxon 1.52 for example, then it makes sense that he would still be seeing this issue.  (The patch was first applied in SZ 1.53)

@sikezero:  What firmware version are you using?   It should tell you on the splash screen as you boot the Pandora.

- Neelix

Thanks for all the quick responses.  I am using firmware 1.52.  This is what came installed.  I have seen that there is 1.54 out there but I have not updated yet.  That will be my next step.

Incidentally, switching out of the detailed list view seemed to fix it for the time being, so thank you for that suggestion, DrCJBoduma.

Thanks again, everyone!

I am not sure, so sorry for the noise if I am wrong, but I think I have seen the problem in 1.53, too.
Can anyone confirm this? If not, rather disregard this message, until anyone else report the problem in 1.53. ;-)

I updated to 1.54 and the problem went away.  (Side note: It should really be more clear that you need to run the firmware updater twice, but that's a topic for another thread.)

hmc, I updated from 1.52 to 1.54 so I cannot add anything here regarding 1.53.

Back