Can't Convert Neo-Geo Roms With Clrmame

asimov-solensan

Very Active Member
I'm trying to convert the roms I had for the gp2x emulator, but I'm unable to do it.

I have downloaded the dat file from this website http://www.progettosnaps.net/dats_en.html (on the gngeo thread it's said that the .130 versión should work on gngeo 0.8). Then in clrmame I add the file "mame 130.dat". And next I click on "Load/update", it takes a while to finish this step. On the last window click on "rebuild" and choose the folder with old roms and the folder to save the new ones.

When the operation is finished the folder is filled with the roms converted (I can see some diferences between old and new files) but when I try them on gngeo 0.8 but they don't work, it always show me the "bla bla" error.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong, or an alternative method to convert the romset?

I finally solved this, my first problem was that I somehow deleted neogeo.zip, but let the bios unziped in the folder, I forget about that file and was thinking that the bios shoul be unzipped.

Ok, but even with that fixed most games didn't work, it seems that this version of gngeo don't work with gfx file, so you have to convert the roms from a set without the .gfx, I did it with the roms I had for final burn on the PC. Now is everithing working within the limitations of the emulator.

I think that this emulator needs to include a readme.

^ Does it have a listing in the Documentation menu in Xfce, or if you press the "Y" game-button on its icon in Minimenu?

I can assure that it hasn't created an entry in the documentation menu. I'm using the beta2, maybe this was lost in the last upate.

Wich verion are you using.

I didn't know the "y" trick (I never use minimenu), thanks for that.

I don't use this emulator - I was just trying to cover all bases, as I wasn't sure if it included on-board documentation or not. :p

Back