Can't download Code::Blocks

Eddward

Still Fresh
I can't download codeblocks.pnd. PND Manager silently fails to download and install. I don't think I can fix it on my end. Is there somewhere (else) I should report this?

When I download via firefox on my desktop it fails part way in and the end of the downloaded file has the following...

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<html><head>
<title>500 Internal Server Error</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Internal Server Error</h1>
<p>The server encountered an internal error or
misconfiguration and was unable to complete
your request.</p>
<p>Please contact the server administrator at
[no address given] to inform them of the time this error occurred,
and the actions you performed just before this error.</p>
<p>More information about this error may be available
in the server error log.</p>
<hr>
<address>Apache Server at repo.openpandora.org Port 80</address>
</body></html>

I've had trouble getting pndmanager to finish downloading this before, so now I go straight to firefox and download it that way. I did that a day or two back, and it completed fine there, so I guess you encountered some server or network glitch.

Yeah with PNDManager, it seems to consistently stops downloading once it hits 2GBs...

I suspect some "signed int" issue...

there is a more recent version in my beta thread also that is not yet on the repo.

I'm using ext4. In PND Manager and firefox I tend to hit the failure a few hundred MB in. It was 611MB last time I tried firefox on my desktop. I've been getting these errors dozens of times, every time for the past week.

I have downloaded and installed large PNDs in the past (with PND manager even) like the B5 simulator and Code::Block (in the past). I download much larger files from GOG without any problem. I don't think it's my provider

I can try again, but I'm not sure what I could be doing to trigger an Internal Server Error on the remote end.

Yeah what ptitseb said, plus my SD card I use Code::Blocks on is EXT4 formatted, although I have tried both when debugging the issue.

I haven't been able to copy 2+ GB files to my FAT32 SD card, and this seems to support a 2GB file limit... Dunno about EXT4s issue though.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-01-04-20-24-06.png
    Screenshot_2017-01-04-20-24-06.png
    64.1 KB · Views: 418
@Swordfish II, hmm honestly have no issues copying a 2GB to 4GB file on my SD cards Fat32 or EXT4 once I have it downloaded, the issue I have is specifically with downloading it from PNDManager.

Is there somewhere else I should report the internal server error I'm seeing? I can recreate it 100% of the time. Just to repeat, I still get

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<html><head>
<title>500 Internal Server Error</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Internal Server Error</h1>
<p>The server encountered an internal error or
misconfiguration and was unable to complete
your request.</p>
<p>Please contact the server administrator at
[no address given] to inform them of the time this error occurred,
and the actions you performed just before this error.</p>
<p>More information about this error may be available
in the server error log.</p>
<hr>
<address>Apache Server at repo.openpandora.org Port 80</address>
</body></html>

Doesn't firefox allow resuming download?

From the Pandora's target folder, calling
Code:
wget -c -O codeblocks.pnd http://repo.openpandora.org/includes/download.php?app=codeblocks6022
should work, too. Can be called again to resume.

I've not been able to update any of my PNDs from the repo for more than a year now and have to download them via a browser on my PC and transfer them to the SD card on there. The downloads sit at 100% and freeze, refusing to go any further.

So you're not the only one.

@ptitSeb, Thanks! I was able to complete a download today at work. I'll load it onto the pandora and test it this evening. Santa got me a new toy for Christmas and I want to port this to the pandora. It didn't want to have to build QT5 myself.

@kuru, I tried that but it fails because the error page I showed above get appended to the partial file every time the download fails. If I weren't lazy, I could maybe edit the file after a failed download and then try to get firefox or wget to retry earlier than it left off.

@ZXDunny, I'm not seeing the trouble you are in this case. It doesn't reach 100% of the download and instead of freezing it silently removes the package from the download queue and re-enables the download button. I do occasionally see what you describe, but not often. Once a download completes the system sometimes seems to hang while it installs. And on occasion, it will seem to never finish the install for a given package. I have to quit the install and sometimes even restart PND Manager to get that package to install. Others will still install fine without a restart. It's been getting more frequent for me, but it's far from 100% of the time for me.
[doublepost=1483675342,1483663263][/doublepost]Well, that didn't work. I downloaded it (twice) with an md5 of c98d33dae5d0bbf0ead57c354c4c59c5. I copied it into pandora/menu with all the other PNDs. The permissions in that directory aren't consistent, but several other PNDs have the same permissions.

It won't show up in the menu and pnd manager doesn't concider it installed. pqr sees the file but running it does nothing. Am I missing something here?
[doublepost=1483675770][/doublepost]pnd_info says it can't open the pndfile. I could open the xbmc pnd with the same permissions. I'm at a loss. Can anyone else get an md5 of http://ptitseb.openpandora.org/codeblocks.pnd?

Thanks for sanity checking the md5. I'd be interested in hearing if it works for you.

I'm able to mount the PND on my desktop and read the PXML.xml. I guess I don't know what would make pnd_info say it can't open in. Maybe I'll have time to dig into code tomorrow.

Well, that's embarrassing. Upgrading the firmware works. It's in the menu, I've started the CLI and it's currently extracting it's cpan. Thanks again @ptitSeb! And Thanks everyone!

Back