Can't Enter The Forums Using Konqueror!

efegea

I can't enter the forums, only the main gp32x.de home page.

If I try to enter the forum a get the following message box:

CODE
Open http://www.gp32x.de/board/?
Extension: application/x-httpd-php

Dont ask again

Save as... | Open as... | Cancel

I'm getting this after the few "connection refused" errors minutes ago. As I see the forum have been updated, isn't it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Same version of konqueror doesn't work here

EDIT: solved using the configuration dialog of konqueror, in "file associations", was a bit tricky to get it working but now works!

EDIT2: well, kind of solved.....now the first time I enter I can see the php script, the code, but if I reload the page (F5) now can see the forums. But each time I enter via favourites I see the code of the page.. :(

looks like there are a couple linux users on the forums.
I've been running Ubuntu for a few days now and like it so far :p

I might not go back to using windows anytime soon lol ;)

Mutka said:
looks like there are a couple linux users on the forums.
I've been running Ubuntu for a few days now and like it so far :p

I might not go back to using windows anytime soon lol ;)
Linux user since 2001 here, using Gentoo since 2003 :)

Is it still that hard, to make a linux Program work? :eek: If even a simple Browser cant do it's Job without insider knowledge, then I'm glad that I switched to Linux yet. ^^"" I wanted to do this some time but only, if Linux programs are as easy to use as windows programs i.e. 1-click install, config everything without a console, full compatible to common file formats etc. :)

fusion_power said:
Is it still that hard, to make a linux Program work? :eek: If even a simple Browser cant do it's Job without insider knowledge, then I'm glad that I switched to Linux yet. ^^"" I wanted to do this some time but only, if Linux programs are as easy to use as windows programs i.e. 1-click install, config everything without a console, full compatible to common file formats etc. :)
You say that as if windows programs never fail.. :eek:

1-One-click install? In linux is much more easy to install a program than in windows: in windows you have to go to the program webpage, download it, install it, or search it on the emule or bittorrent and search a crack and install it or search the cds or dvds and install it and it is never one click install, you have to press "next" "next" "next" :lol:

In linux, at least on debian based systems, you go to a program like Synaptics (or something like that, I haven't used debian since a few years) do a search by entering its name or some keyword or category, press install and linux will automatically download and install it and its dependencies.

2-config everything without a console? Use a user-friendly distro like ubuntu. I don't recommend gentoo for you :lol:

3- Full compatible to common file formats? Linux is compatible with linux file formats, with windows file formats, with mac os/ mac os x file formats......windows is only compatible with itself...

Linux is great, but I understand the problems new users are having. Main problem Linux has is because of proprietary formats (like shockwave). Ubuntu has done a great job in its latest release (7.10) it recognizes codecs and installs them automatically.

I am eagerly waiting for the eeepc desktop. I hope the entry of asus in the desktop market will give a boost to better drivers and better support of non-linux formats.

BTW. I have no troubles at all to enter the forums with Konqueror :)

efegea said:
You say that as if windows programs never fail.. :eek:

1-One-click install? In linux is much more easy to install a program than in windows: in windows you have to go to the program webpage, download it, install it, or search it on the emule or bittorrent and search a crack and install it or search the cds or dvds and install it and it is never one click install, you have to press "next" "next" "next" :lol:

In linux, at least on debian based systems, you go to a program like Synaptics (or something like that, I haven't used debian since a few years) do a search by entering its name or some keyword or category, press install and linux will automatically download and install it and its dependencies.

2-config everything without a console? Use a user-friendly distro like ubuntu. I don't recommend gentoo for you :lol:

3- Full compatible to common file formats? Linux is compatible with linux file formats, with windows file formats, with mac os/ mac os x file formats......windows is only compatible with itself...
Ok. It take a while to pimp Windows but then most things then work OK. I had my first Win XP 5 Years onto my PC without needing to reinstall the OS (I've heard from people who install their Windows every month :lol: ). And with a little bit tweaking it runs as fast as at the first day. :)

Yes, you need more than one click to install under Win, but you just can click through the whole procedure, everything stands onto the screen. For Linux first I have to know HOW to install. And then maybe Idoens't know where the program lands. But of course I have not much experience with the Linux file structure.

And YES I think I'll give UBUNTU a try in the Future. Maybe Kubuntu because I have experiences with KDE.

But the thing that scares me so much was just an example what you have to do unter linux to make a program work compared to Win. Example Antivir:
Windows ->start Install procedure and click-click...done. :)
Linux:
http://wiki.ubuntuusers.de/AntiVir?highlight=%28antivir%29 ....:eek: I'm German but even for me this is just chinese :lol:
You need other programs(modules?) to make it work...maybe work, everything seeems to set up/integrate per hand, even the smallest program function, files have to be edited etc... Brrr. Ok, you don't need a Antivir program under Linux that bad but this example shows the general problem.

Well why would you want to install an antivirus program on a OS that has no viruses? The only reason I can think of is setting up a server that protects your windows computers from viruses (by scanning network shares and email), and even though I don't speak German I can tell that is exactly what they're telling you how to do. It makes sense that something like that would be complicated, you've got a server to run, windows computers to configure, mail clients/servers to reconfigure. That's sysadmin level stuff, and that's why its hard. Setting up the kind of apps that normal people (read non-sysadmin non-ubergeeks) use couldn't be easier in most cases.

Blah said:
Well why would you want to install an antivirus program on a OS that has no viruses? The only reason I can think of is setting up a server that protects your windows computers from viruses (by scanning network shares and email), and even though I don't speak German I can tell that is exactly what they're telling you how to do. It makes sense that something like that would be complicated, you've got a server to run, windows computers to configure, mail clients/servers to reconfigure. That's sysadmin level stuff, and that's why its hard. Setting up the kind of apps that normal people (read non-sysadmin non-ubergeeks) use couldn't be easier in most cases.
Ok, this would make sense. I hope there is no real need for a Anti-Virus Program under Linux in the future to. :) Well, when I have a new PC, there will be Ubuntu on it to. ^_^ And I hope OPERA will run under Ubuntu.

Back