Can't Get 4gb Sd Card To Mount On Windows Via Gp2x

fancellu

Still Fresh
This 4gb SD card (150x) works just fine if plopped into pc card reader.

Also can be used just fine from gp2x, I can even ftp onto gp2x and see /mnt/sd

However if I put the gp2x into usb mass storage mode, when windows sees it it thinks it is a blank disk
and asks if I want to format it!

If I get into mass storage and point it at NAND, it sees that just fine.

Any idea why windows isn't seeing my SD card properly?

Have other seen such a thing?

I don't remember any thing like this but I have not been doing this very long. Some have had issues with the USB cables causing the system to be unrecognized by the windows USB software but your comments appear to show that is not the case. Is the SD formated FAT32?

I don't remember any thing like this but I have not been doing this very long. Some have had issues with the USB cables causing the system to be unrecognized by the windows USB software but your comments appear to show that is not the case. Is the SD formated FAT32?

Yes. Formatted fat32, ok on pc via card adaptor, ok on gp2x, can even samba mount the sd card.

i.e. it seems to be with the gp2x mass storage driver side of things, but only with the sd card, can see the NAND just fine. Very odd.

Dino.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yes. Formatted fat32, ok on pc via card adaptor, ok on gp2x, can even samba mount the sd card.

i.e. it seems to be with the gp2x mass storage driver side of things, but only with the sd card, can see the NAND just fine. Very odd.

Dino.
Actually I think the GP2X's USB support is still a little ropey. I get the odd error when copying files using the GP2X in USB mode, but it's fine if I put my 2Gb SD card in a card reader. You never know, it may be solved in later firmware updates.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back