Cant Get My Gp32 To Connect To The Pc With The Usb Cable

renejr902

Website
Visit site
cant get my gp32 nlu to connect to the pc with the usb cable.
i have windows xp. it didnt find the hardware correctly. it said it have a problem with the hardware connection.
can you help me. i had a gp32blu a few years ago. maybe i forgot something

renejr902 said:
i have windows xp. it didnt find the hardware correctly. it said it have a problem with the hardware connection.
1:Check the batteries

2:reinstall the drivers and make sure it completes correctly this time. You should uninstall the old driver first and then remove the inf file from the inf directory (otherwise it will keep installing the old one). Last but not least, are you sure the cable is not damaged? I'm pretty sure that is a standard usb connector on the gp32.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
i cant even install the driver. it said unknow device .
i look in the usb port of the gp32 and it seem damaged.

hmmm bad news.

so it my gp32 good for trash ??
if i cant install a free launcher on it, what can i do with it.
can i install a free launcher on my smc with a card reader that can work ? i think not isnt ?

you can see my other tread in HELP section. its about what can i do if my gp32 usb port is dead

note: i tried full recharged 2 x 2000 nimh battery duracell. and even try my 2AA 2500 mah energizer

how can i install the driver ( gp32usb.inf and gp32usb.sys ) without connecting the gp32 in winxp ?
i have these 2 drivers form fly guy : gp32usb_2003ddk_5_2_3790_0.zip and gp32usb_xpddk_5_1_2600_0.zip

christo930 said:
renejr902 said:
1:Check the batteries

2:reinstall the drivers and make sure it completes correctly this time. You should uninstall the old driver first and then remove the inf file from the inf directory (otherwise it will keep installing the old one). Last but not least, are you sure the cable is not damaged? I'm pretty sure that is a standard usb connector on the gp32.

Chris

You can always put the smart media card on a smart media reader and install free launcher that way. There is an unencrypted free launcher on this website and you can put free loader and software and roms and such on the card with the card reader. It is by no means useless.

Chris

renejr902 said:
how can i install the driver ( gp32usb.inf and gp32usb.sys ) without connecting the gp32 in winxp ?
i have these 2 drivers form fly guy : gp32usb_2003ddk_5_2_3790_0.zip and gp32usb_xpddk_5_1_2600_0.zip
unzip the files and right click on the inf file and choose install, then reboot, then plug in the gp32.

If the above fails, just use a card reader/writer.

Chris

renejr902 said:
WHERE IS IT ???? ( There is an unencrypted free launcher)
please tell me
Sshhh, Here it is.

http://www.gp32x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,8,1052

I`ve never needed to use it, As my GP32`s all run a custom firmware. So not sure what to do with it as the readme in the zip file (is in english) but was written by the dev who is spanish, So the instructions are not that clear.

Trooper

trooper said:
renejr902 said:
WHERE IS IT ???? ( There is an unencrypted free launcher)
please tell me
Sshhh, Here it is.

http://www.gp32x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,8,1052

I`ve never needed to use it, As my GP32`s all run a custom firmware. So not sure what to do with it as the readme in the zip file (is in english) but was written by the dev who is spanish, So the instructions are not that clear.

Trooper

I downloaded this and checked it out, and unfortunately, you have to connect your gp32 to your computer to encrypt it. Have you tried this program?

I also understand that there is a cracked version of freelauncher floating around and I'm sure somebody on this site has it. As a matter of fact, I think it should be put in the gp32 download section because a gp32 is useless without the freelauncher with the stock firmware.

However, don't dispair, you can also update the firmware to one of the many freely available that have built in launchers and from what I've read, you don't need freelauncher to update the firmware. This is probably the best solution because the homebrewn firmware are all much better than freelauncher or the built-in firmware.

Please stop posting the same problem in multiple threads, it makes it very hard to keep track of!

I thought that the 'cracked' freelauncher that people referred to, IS the one in the archive. The crack is the part that encodes it for any individual GP32/SMC, not the ability to run on all GP32s.

I guess the firmware checks that the freelauncher is encoded for the specific GP32/SMC it is being run on.

I don't believe there is a way of updating the firmware without freelauncher, as freelauncher is needed to run the update program.

Simply installing freelauncher on another GP32 and copying the files across won't work (it'll be encoded for the wrong unit)

I'm not sure of a way of encoded freelauncher to a specific SMC using a card reader, as you rightly said, the freelauncher crack requires that the GP32 is connected via usb.

I'm not sure how to get the GP32s PUID, but if you can get it, then you may be able to use #GP32 or #GP32dev on Efnet: there used to be a script to generate a freelauncher encrypted to your PUID - you'll have to look into it.

I think the best idea, still, is send somebody your SMC to encode a freelauncher onto it, using their GP32.

You could JTAG another firmware on if you can get the appropriate cables and software. That's how people used to de-brick them.

mrsnature said:
Please stop posting the same problem in multiple threads, it makes it very hard to keep track of!

I thought that the 'cracked' freelauncher that people referred to, IS the one in the archive. The crack is the part that encodes it for any individual GP32/SMC, not the ability to run on all GP32s.

I guess the firmware checks that the freelauncher is encoded for the specific GP32/SMC it is being run on.

I don't believe there is a way of updating the firmware without freelauncher, as freelauncher is needed to run the update program.

Simply installing freelauncher on another GP32 and copying the files across won't work (it'll be encoded for the wrong unit)

I'm not sure of a way of encoded freelauncher to a specific SMC using a card reader, as you rightly said, the freelauncher crack requires that the GP32 is connected via usb.

I'm not sure how to get the GP32s PUID, but if you can get it, then you may be able to use #GP32 or #GP32dev on Efnet: there used to be a script to generate a freelauncher encrypted to your PUID - you'll have to look into it.

I think the best idea, still, is send somebody your SMC to encode a freelauncher onto it, using their GP32.
I searched on google about updating the firmware on a gp32 and it brought up a gp2x (which starts automatically) and I didn't notice is was for gp2x. Sorry for the bum info. Also, the freelauncher is not tied to the smc card because I move the same copy from card to card (but always using it on the same machine). I am pretty sure that gp encryption was broken because there are cracked versions of the commercial games around. I downloaded them quite a while ago and they are on another hard disk, I might have a copy of them and freeloader might be with them. But at this point, maybe some nice person with a jtag can upgrade the firmware for you. You may want to try installing the inf file again, maybe all hope is not lost for your doing it yourself, assuming the connector is good which listening to the description of what is happening when you plug in the gp32, sounds like it is.

Chris

christo930 said:
Also, the freelauncher is not tied to the smc card because I move the same copy from card to card (but always using it on the same machine).
I'm pretty sure the tool on the archive allows you to either encode freelauncher to the GP32 OR the SMC. Commercial games that were sold on SMCs were encoded to the SMC, whereas their downloadable counterparts were encoded to the specific GP32.

christo930 said:
You may want to try installing the inf file again, maybe all hope is not lost for your doing it yourself, assuming the connector is good which listening to the description of what is happening when you plug in the gp32, sounds like it is.
Agreed, the GP32 was notorious for not connecting well, so worth really trying to sort out the drivers -
plug in your gp32,
go to control panel>system>device manager -
right click on the unknown usb device and update drivers,
and locate them on your pc.

Though, i thought in one of your threads you said windows says 'there is a problem with your device' which normally means there is a hardware problem.

i tried differents like 6-7 different one ( usb gp32 drivers for w98. xp...)

i tried it on windows xp , windows 98 and vista.

vista accept that i force the installation of a driver on the unknow device. but after that, he said the device cant start.

i tried it on 6 computer. only 2 of them find my device as a unknow device. the others computer never detect my device when i connected it.

Mrsnature, i think i will send you my card or if you can sell me a cheap 8 or 16 megs smc with the encrypted smuc ID to it. i will upgrade my firmaware after that. and use my 128 smc. anyway pm me or send me email
thank you a lot.

just let 3-5 days to father to look the gp32 again to be sure it cant be repair first. he tried several soldering that he had a doubt, but nothing work until now. ( he is a console video game electonic technician for a company) so if he cant repair it nobody cant. he repair psp, ps3, 360, ds...

note: he is think about build the jtag. but i heard that only linux software work with it. in 2003-04 cobbleware said that windows sooftware didnt work. i never try linux os. i dont have it

see my progress, i post that to someone:

for the gp32 usb port. its a long story. believe it or not i bought 2 gp32 on ebay. and the 2 gp32 dont work with usb port. ( one doesnt have free launcher so i cant do anything with it without usb port. the other has mr spiv firmware and i updated it to the european firmware so i can play with it.

(i tried Firefly drivers ( the 2 drivers for xp and it dont work.) i tried my gp 32 on 8 different computer ( 6 with xp and 2 with w98) i tried w98 usb driver for windows 98. and firefly xp usb driver for windows xp. windows ALWAYS said :windows dont regonized the device correctly or it said: harware dont work correclty. and when i try to install the driver over the unknow device it always said: dont contain any information for your device. w98 will install the driver but the device always have a red cross in device manager and cant start. The same thing happen for the 2 gp32. All a lot of forum people has tried to help me without any sucess with my problem. cant believe i have 2 defect gp32 usb port. and dont think its the cable i have 3 different one. and i tried all cables on the 2 gp32.) so i dont know what to do now. anyway i have one gp32 that work well with my card reader, so i dont need the usb port.)

If you have Slubman's Firmware on one of your GP32s try this:

Start up GP32
Select PC-Link option
Connect the cable to the PC
Connect the other end to the GP32
PC-Link will then activate and you should get a new drive mounted on your PC

I do this all the time with my Macintosh and my PC. It works fine. The Mac/PC doesn't need any special drivers for this to work.

If you have Mac OS X Leopard I highly recommend you write a ".metadata_never_index" file to the root of your SMC to stop Spotlight from indexing your card :)

Back