Can't get rid of keyring password popup

Geuben

Polossatik said:
Annoying "keyring" popup asking for the keyring password when using the automatic login?
Delete the keyring fileand choose "unsafe" storage after reboot when the wifi wpa/wep network password is asked again.
note: this will delete all wifi network paswords stored.

I deleted the default keyring, but didn't have the option to select "unsafe" storage after reboot. Now everytime I boot it asks for the wifi password and then the default keyring password.

Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
I made your post an own topic. It won't get enough attention in the Tweaks Thread :)

Geuben said:
Polossatik said:
Annoying "keyring" popup asking for the keyring password when using the automatic login?
Delete the keyring fileand choose "unsafe" storage after reboot when the wifi wpa/wep network password is asked again.
note: this will delete all wifi network paswords stored.

I deleted the default keyring, but didn't have the option to select "unsafe" storage after reboot. Now everytime I boot it asks for the wifi password and then the default keyring password.

Any ideas?

It's not about choosing "unsafe storage". You delete the default keyring and restart. Then, it will ask you for a password when you are trying to connect to WiFi so that it can set up a keyring password. Click the ok without typing a password. It will warn you that this is unsafe, to which you reply "ok" I believe. Then, you will not have a password for your keyring and you won't be bothered with the keyring prompt.

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
It's not about choosing "unsafe storage". You delete the default keyring and restart. Then, it will ask you for a password when you are trying to connect to WiFi so that it can set up a keyring password. Click the ok without typing a password. It will warn you that this is unsafe, to which you reply "ok" I believe. Then, you will not have a password for your keyring and you won't be bothered with the keyring prompt.
That is exactly the procedure I did and it worked perfectly. I entered my network password when prompted then when asked for a keyring password I left it blank. A message came up informing me that this was unsafe and I clicked on the box to confirm that this was my intention. My Pandora connects to my router on startup with no need for a keyring password.

Sorry I can't help with your problem Geuben but I can say that this worked fine for me.

After I enter my network key, I popup box like so:

Code:
Enter password for default keyring to unlock

The application 'NetworkManager Applet' (/usr/bin/nm-applet) wants access to the default keyring, but it is locked.

if I then press ok, leaving the password blank, the same box just reappears.

Geuben said:

Code:

The application 'NetworkManager Applet' (/usr/bin/nm-applet) wants access to the default keyring, but it is locked.

Do that after you have deleted your default.keyring and restarted. The fact that it says it's locked means you already did something to give it a password.

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
Geuben said:

Code:

Do that after you have deleted your default.keyring and restarted. The fact that it says it's locked means you already did something to give it a password.

-God Ginrai

I did delete the default keyring and restart.

I have the same issue. Deleted default keyring, still get prompted, if I enter the old password it takes it.

[edit] Deleting login and default fixed it... I also removed user pass but doubt that helped.

Back