Cant Get Stella Working

SolidSnake

Website
www.solidflog.k6.com.br
i made everthing they say in the readme, but when i try to load a rom with the selector, i get a black screen and after this, the gp2x back to the stella selector i guess with some kind of mouse cursor that i cant move, so i have to restart the gp2x.
Somebody knows how to make it run?

yea, in the first time o load it, i can see all the roms, but when i push the joystick button, i get a black screen, and after some seconds, i come back to the stella selector i guess (the soft with the mouse cursor in the to left)

do you have all the roms in one folder? I think the limit is like, 256 or something. anything more and it causes issues, or so I have heard. I have the same problem, but haven't gotten around to deleting all my unnecessary files.

but after deleting the roms, the emulator worked?
Just checked it, and yes, when I deleted down to only 100 or so roms, it worked fine. Not sure what the upper limit is, but I heard around 250 or so... There was a thread around here a couple of days ago regarding this...

BTW, now that I've played it, its not too bad for an early version. Can't wait until It gets some diagonal support though...

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 9 roms in bin format and they dont open on the emulator. I get a black screen and have to restart gp2x..

I have 9 roms in bin format and they dont open on the emulator. I get a black screen and have to restart gp2x..

If you want to put more than 255 Atari 2600 ROMs onto your SD card for this emulator, the current version of the emu supports sub-directories. My paths look like this:
SD\Emulators\Stella2x\roms\A
SD\Emulators\Stella2x\roms\B
SD\Emulators\Stella2x\roms\C etc
The emu itself is in SD\Emulators\Stella2x

I had to split 'S' into two because of the disproportional number of ROMs that start with that letter...

All games seem to take a few seconds to load, during which you get the black screen.

I found a lot more through starting this thread last week: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=24070

Last I heard, zansatsu was looking into implementing diagonal support.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got that at first. Have you downloaded the latest version? There was briefly an incorrect one in downloads. The file 'stella' should be about 7Mb rather than 2Mb that was in the faulty one. Also, I'm not totally sure by I think having a long path length to the stella folder stopped mine working. I had it named:
SD\Emulators\Stella2x (Atari2600)\roms

and it didn't seem to like it but worked when i changed it back to

SD\Emulators\Stella2x\roms

hope this helps.

the author was watching and replying to the thread in the main forum so you might also try there.

Back