Cap32Wiz Preview

hardyx

Website
Visit site
Hello,

Here is the preview version of Caprice32 for Wiz. This is an Amstrad CPC emulator ported to GP2X by ZX-81, based in the PC version by Ulrich Doewich.

This version has many bugs, like winks in menus and other that will be fixed. But works and can execute games that I tested without problems. It has a 9 cells virtual keyboard and allows to set the screen in colour or green levels (nostalgia edition). It supports sound and the test that I make shows from 40 to 50 fps.

In the Readme.txt file there is more information about how to use it.
I hope you like it.
:)

abadiacpc.png

Thanks Hardyx,

Nice to see that someone still has the passion to release an amstrad port had this on my gp2x f200 and it worked great,this preview release looks nice on the oled screen just like it did all those years ago on my original amstrad colour monitor.

Problems i found and no doubt you may already know are:
-auto loading when selecting the dsk,
-the virtual keyboard flicker
-saving screenshots

Two question though,

1. The virtual keyboard is too fiddly can a proper amstrad virtual keyboard layout be done? (obviously transparent because it would take up a good chunk of the screen)
2. Can a future release be able to play cartridge games? (there are only a small handfull of games available but burnin rubber rocks)

Thanks for sharing

I am looking forward to the finished release.

Back