Card Reader Essential?

satanic virus

Website
Visit site
Just bought a GP32 NLU from tempo.

It turns on & build quality and ergonomics are brilliant (I have GP2X, PSP, GBA & NDS) & this feels the most comfortable to hold.

So many topics on GP32 it is hard to find exact results using search function, so:

1) I have been unable to connect GP32 using GP Manager (I have windoze xp, and am pretty sure i have correct usb drivers) - If i buy a card reader for SMC, is there an app that will format the smc in the correct format so I can copy apps & games etc via card reader? If so, any (cheap) card readers recommended or is everything smc second hand these days?!! - i.e. if i get a card reader can i use that to copy everything i need to work with the GP32?

2) I know I just bought a NLU, but is there any easy HW mod to add a front light? (I am not too hot with my soldering iron but will consider replacing lcd for backlight version if someone has a guide). My 'skills' are microelectronics at school many years ago, but i was ok at that <_<

I know answers are probably buried amongst the threads but it would be a great help if someone could answer (especially for my first question!)

Thanks, SV.

Hi Satanic (again)

1) Okay, so a card reader is definitely essential, however it is not required. I find it essential because of the rather (put lightly) dog shit :p sync times between GPManager and the GP32. Speaking of GPManager, I wonder why your having that problem because i used it the few days before shipping to test the GP32's syncing with the semi-broken SMC, and it worked as normal as it always had (I run XP too, SP3). Are you sure the Drivers are installed? Because when you install GPManager, it doesnt install the drivers, so you have to manually place them in the system32/drivers location, I believe.

Back on the subject of card readers, I used this sandisk one (the broken one i gave you lol), it was manufactured in '06, and i think they're cheap nowadays. I don't exacatly know because i stole it from my dad's college colleague's office (I think) lol. so a card reader would be best (there are plent of cheap ones from many online stores too), especially if you're having that problem with GPManager.

2) No. It isnt as easy as you think to put it simply. I wouldnt mess with either FLU/BLUing the screen up.

:)

I found my own old card reader today and luckily it accepts SMC's! I have the GP32 up and running now thanks! So many new games to try out!! :)

yep, the ones on the cd are the one that i used during my two years with gp32_console (with some games like giana's return for GP32 which they don't allow you to d/load anymore), and alot are great!

Back