Carry case and alternatives

Did you buy an official carry case?

• Total voters

Serafita

Still Fresh
So, having just upgraded my order to premium, I realised I didn't order a carry case. Even so, the carry case OpenPandora is selling doesn't really appeal to me too much. Has anyone found any third party alternatives for carrying the Pandora when on the move?

I use the case that my mom's new phone came in. With a bit of newspaper for padding, it actually fits very well. (I originally tried to cut the foam in the case to match, but then I gave up after I decided that I could be playing with my Pandora instead. :p ) At one point, I plan on getting a block of foam and cutting a bit so the Pandora goes in nicely. Newspaper works, but it's cumbersome.

I bought the official one, and it's very nice. I'll eventually get a hard shelled case, though, as that fits better with how I tend to treat the bag I keep it in.

I use the case that my pants have built right in. I believe the rest of the world calls them "pockets" or something.

i bought a lacie cozy case (orginally designed for portable 2.5inch drives) fits great, with room for a few sdcard cases and a usb to sdcard stick.

it has a flap pocket on outside as well.

http://www.lacie.com/products/product.htm?pid=11295

got mine for 19 euros on ebay

thanks to whovever it was from one of the other threads on cases for tip!

Someone else on the forums found this item (I forget who sorry...) that is designed for a handheld GPS. I bought one and it's great. It is very lightweight, fits the Pandora perfectly (without having the shoulder buttons in constant pressed-in mode), and is a pseudo hardshell. By that, I mean, the shell offers resistance as a molded nylon fiber but is not a thick heavy aluminum/plastic shell. I got mine on Amazon for ~$18 USD. Here is a link:

Speck Products Wide Universal TechStyle Case for GPS

-Jerry

I don't have need for a case personally (my Pandora's usually in a bag on my belt, to be honest), but I gather that cases for the original Nintendo DS, as well as the DSi XL, should fit fine.

Case Logic GBC1 Gamecase

Two compartment case fits hand held in one side and accessories in the other.

Fits either of my GP2X, DS Lite, Dingoo, or Pandora. The case holds the system, charger, and accessories.

It offers basic protection and holds everything.

It has belt loop things so you can wear it like a 'belt bag,' I heard those are coming back in style :unsure:

As for the Pandora I keep the Pandora in one side.

A charger, SD reader, SD card, USB ethernet adapter, short USB A-M/A-F cable, Short USB A/B cable, and a Griffin SmartShare USB Hub in the other side.

I think they are currently out of print but come up on eBay every now-and-then:

I am not affiliated with this product or auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Case-Logic-Carry-Case-Nintendo-Gameboy-BRAND-NEW-/270718759553

!B5FpMK!!2k~%24(KGrHqUOKnIE)6R+p2iTBMs(CvEssw~~_35.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Back