Carry Cases For Gp32

rygar

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Having looked around I can't seem to find any decent, sturdy protective carry cases for my GP32. I was wondering if I'm looking in the wrong places or do people use third party cases or even compatible cases from other devices (eg. Camera cases or other handheld console cases like say a Sega GameGear). There was a nice hard shell camera case in Tesco's which was just a little bit too small.

I use this case, it fits my GP32 perfectly. There's pockets on the front to hold batteries, SMCs, etc. I wish I could have found the purple one though when I got mine.

There are quite a few people here that have the offical Gamepark/entware carry case, Though i don`t think it`s available anymore. The rest of us tend to use pretty much what suits our storage needs, Such as smc`s, Extra batteries, Mains adaptor, Cleaning cloth etc. One of the guys here stores his GP32 and entire accessory collection in a velvet lined wooden attache case.

Gba cases, Camera cases are all good choices, But the best thing to do, Is take your GP32 (or something of similar size) with you, So you can try the case for size to make sure you have plenty of room any accessories you may need.

Trooper

Wanted to ask a similar question, so for not opening a new topic, I`ll ask here:

Does someone know of a carrying case that can hold a gp32, a DS and a PSP? I mean all three at a time? That would be really nice!
Even better, if there is also place for the a/c adaptors and some games!

First of all, to answer the question of this topic's author, I refer you to this quote from Blah from another topic.

I just bought a official GBA case from Dollar Tree (for $1.00 of course), and its great. I ripped off the GBA logo and replaced it with my own sticker.

Here are some crappy pics made with my scanner:

The Case, with its semi-hard shell and form-fitting design for added protection agains drops and stuff.

The Case, showing how well the GP32 fits. The other side has a bag that can fit about 8 batteries, a couple SMC's and a pair of earbuds. On the back their is a strap for attaching it to things (like belt loops). It works well for that as its alot less clunky and big than the other case.

gbalogo8yf.png

The old GBA logo plastic thingy.

gp32logosticker5kz.png

My GP32 logo sticker. The original is a .svg, for unlimited scalability.

That is the exact same case that I have, except mine's blue instead of grey, and it doesn't have any kind of GP32 label or anything. I didn't buy it, my friend just gave it to me. But if I were you, I'd go check out the dollar tree to see if they still have 'em.

Now, to answer quiest's question, i don't know of any specific ones by name that definitely will hold all 3 systems, but the "Gameboy Advance Travel Case" looks like it might, and there's a pretty big one for the DS that my friend has that looks like it can hold all 3 systems. I have no idea what it's called though. I just know it's a big grey rectangular case that has a long shoulder strap on it. Try googling "GBA travel case" or something similar, and try Nintendo DS case. You should be able to find SOMETHING.

Last edited by a moderator:
while searching ebay to try to find one of these http://www.skycityuniversal.com.hk/gba/pro...batravecase.jpg I came across the exact same case I and Blah both have. I also came across another version of it that's attached to a strap that goes over your shoulder and across your chest, and the case itself ends up being on your chest... then I decided to rip off the strap attachments from my camera case and sew them onto the GBA case... so yeah, now I can carry it with me over my shoulder and listen to music at the same time if I want to.

Oh, by the way... Quiest, that picture is the case I was talking about earlier. It's labeled as "GBA travel case" in the few places I actually found it. Unfortunately though I can't find a yellow one like that anywhere... bah!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Game-Boy-Advance-Shoul...1QQcmdZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com/Gameboy-Advance-Should...1QQcmdZViewItem

^Two links to ebay auctions of the shoulder holster style gba case^

I'm not entirely sure, but I think you can detach the case too.

No problem, but I don't know for sure that all 3 will actually fit in that case. Try to find out what its dimensions are before you buy it... or go try to find it in a store and take all 3 with you. and look at some of the big nintendo DS cases with straps.

It's times like these that you have to be thankful that the GP32 was designed to look like the GBA, as it means we have such a large variety of cases available to us.

I use one of those... bag with a GP32 writen on it... it can hold 6 other batteries, it's quite good

I have two - both camera bags.

One is quite large but fits my GP32, chatboard, 6 batteries, spare SMCs, USB cable and still room. This is what I usually use to store my GP32 in day to day use.

The other is a snug, small neoprene bag which fits the GP32 nicely with room for maybe 2 spare batteries and an SMC or two. I recommend one of these for travel etc.

rygar posted on Jul 28 2005 at 10:47 AM said:
Having looked around I can't seem to find any decent, sturdy protective carry cases for my GP32. I was wondering if I'm looking in the wrong places or do people use third party cases or even compatible cases from other devices (eg. Camera cases or other handheld console cases like say a Sega GameGear). There was a nice hard shell camera case in Tesco's which was just a little bit too small.

If your still after a case for your GP32, try Pound World. They have the same case (Gameboy Advance) shown by Magus 86 (in black, grey, purple and blue). Couldn't believe my luck when I saw it today :D (only a £1). I've managed to fit 4 x batteries and 4 x SMC (inc cases) into this beauty.

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all the replies. I'm going with the one Magus 86 suggested, there are loads on ebay (with and without the strap) as I don't live anywhere near a Dollar Tree or Pound World :(

Back