Cases Quality And Price ?

you might want to change the poll.. at the moment you can choose both options.

Agreed stupid poll.

The cases that looked damages where just Raw samples to show that the changes where done, the real ones as seen from the recent photos of the mass produced ones I can already tell look great.

No ,the latest pictures of the cases do not look great ,there are mould defects
and scarr lines on these ,these are the parts of the case without finish, but
some people are worried that the defects will not be masked up completely after
the finish is applyed.

All polls are stupid - But he has made valid points!!

Originally it was "perfect cases" now it's "possible defects/not perfect cases".

WTF!!!!

Edit: I still want my Pandora - A few crap looking panels won't stop me from enjoying it!!

Im not canceling my order for anyone but i do want to know the answer to the main
question about case defects ,and if we can buy a perfected case at some point.
If the Pandora arives with these defects to the case i think there will be quite
a few unhappy people out there so i thought it would be good to get it out into the open
so everyone knows what to expect.

paddy said:
No ,the latest pictures of the cases do not look great ,there are mould defects
and scarr lines on these ,these are the parts of the case without finish, but
some people are worried that the defects will not be masked up completely after
the finish is applyed.

Which latest are you talking about, the ones recently shown in the Dev blog look good to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
useless facetious rant
Refuse to vote. The "no" vote implies too much. I don't want a crappy case, but I don't want a refund either. Not only that, but if I do note "no", then my name appears next to the vote. Craigix can then decide to bring a blow torch to the case of my pandora, send me a picture of it and ask for my order number. To which I will reply that I will demand that my refund money be used to feed the Pandorians as they assemble the Pandoras presumably next week. And what will I eat? I ask you.
I sometimes think I've been abducted by Aliens and lost time sometimes in the 80s.

If Craigix and other OP folks judge the cases adequate, then I'll trust their judgement. I'd rather just get a Pandora and decide for myself if I want a case replacement down the road. I might end up scuffing the case either way from normal wear and tear, so I'm really on the fence.

[Refuse to vote. The "no" vote implies too much. I don't want a crappy case, but I don't want a refund either. Not only that, but if I do note "no", then my name appears next to the vote. Craigix can then decide to bring a blow torch to the case of my pandora, send me a picture of it and ask for my order number. To which I will reply that I will demand that my refund money be used to feed the Pandorians as they assemble the Pandoras presumably next week. And what will I eat? I ask you.

hehe i like it :lol:

I missed the part where
paddy said:
1.Facts that Craig says that the cases will have defects and we should all get over it
or cancel NOW.
did that happen?

Quote from Craig
----------------
It's probably better to cancel your order now rather than having to pay to return your Pandora for any slight imperfections you may be unhappy with.

It's not a PSP or an iPhone.

I'll empty my PM box so you can send me your order numbers.

This tells me he is not confident in the quality of the cases.

this is also why i am asking the devs to let us all know
one way or another as i do think its important.

Your wording in the poll is stupid.
I didn't read the rest of your post because of how stupid your poll wording was.
I didn't read any of this thread because I'm guessing it's as stupid as your stupid poll.
Quit making stupid polls.

rabidpoobear ,there's questions to be answered and i do not see a problem with asking these questions but apparently you do ,i also thought the poll would be a good idea from OpenPandora's point of view,would it not help them to see if this could be a problem ? as in mass order cancellations.

Your questions are leading and don't accurately convey what people think about the situation.
I didn't vote "Yes" just because I "have money to burn". I voted "Yes" because I want a pandora even if I can see lines on it. That's a completely different thing.
It's obvious that you are trying to bias the poll in favor of "No" votes, and you still aren't getting any.

Why don't you start the 'mass order cancellations' and we'll see how many people follow you.

Sigh.

This was not the correct way to address this issue. There was already a thread on it.

The reason for the imperfect cases is because OP knows they cant wait or depend on the chinese company because of OP isnt as important as their larger customers. This is as good as its going to get and its very likely going to be fine... at least wait until you see the case before you make another dumb poll.

paddy said:
Quote from Craig
----------------
It's probably better to cancel your order now rather than having to pay to return your Pandora for any slight imperfections you may be unhappy with.

It's not a PSP or an iPhone.

I'll empty my PM box so you can send me your order numbers.

This tells me he is not confident in the quality of the cases.

this is also why i am asking the devs to let us all know
one way or another as i do think its important.
Context: People were complaining about the quality of something that is currently unfinished, asking for information that is impossible to know. Understanding Craig, he's saying that if you are that worried about whether the cases will be good or not, then you should cancel. He is saying the odds of the cases being flaw-free is not 0%. They do not have the money or resources to guarantee a flawless case. Nintendo couldn't even guarantee a flawless case.
Also remember, they asked for a delivery of 1000 cases for just this reason, to ensure that the matte finish takes care of everything that you are complaining about. No one can say with absolute conviction that the finish will or will not take care of things because we haven't see it! When these 1000 arrive, they will know, and decide then whether to run off the next 9000 or to make some changes before the next 9000 go. Not before, and no amount of poll questions or whining about it will change this. It is fact, they are new to this, they can't know for certain that something will happen in a given way until it has been done.

paddy said:
true

poll removed
Awww, self censorship makes me a sad panda.

Back