Casing issues (Split from other thread)

freds_shadow

I have three case defects I'd like to try fixing, but I'm not sure if this Sugru is right for all three.

The first is the hinge, for which it sounds like I can just use Sugru, if I can figure out where to buy it. Canadian Tire doesn't have it listed.

The second is one of the tabs that keeps the battery 'lid' in place. I had to take it off because my Pandora was refusing to turn off and when I put it back on I saw that it was sagging a tiny bit on one side. More suggestive was the piece of black plastic sitting on the desk in front of me.

The third is inside where the screws attach. Up near the left shoulder-button a screw holds the bottom half of the case to the top. The part the screw goes into has snapped off. It's still present and intact but for a sliver of plastic at the base. It just no longer connects to the upper-half of the case.

If you want I can probably figure out how to take pictures with the never-used webcam of my netbook.

After two months of light-use I'm wondering how much more my poor Pandora can take.

Do you mind if I split your post off into its own thread, fred? There's some stuff there that definitely warrants further attention that it won't get in here, as, indeed, some of it can't be Sugru'd.

As for where to get that, by the way, it's available directly from the manufacturer, here.

Do you mind if I split your post off into its own thread, fred? There's some stuff there that definitely warrants further attention that it won't get in here, as, indeed, some of it can't be Sugru'd.

As for where to get that, by the way, it's available directly from the manufacturer, here.

Split away. I figured it fit here because it involved Sugru and the same problem the post was here to address, but if it goes beyond that maybe someone will have a suggestion that'll avoid the cost & time of RMA.

Back