Caveman Ugglympics

abigsmurf

one of the idea's I've had for making a game was a remake of a game I loved as a kid on the commadore 64 called Caveman ugglympics. It was a sports game in the style of track and field but had events such as lighting a fire.

Unfortunately the Discs I had for it got broken long ago and my memory of it's fading. does anyone know a site which has info on this game to remind me of all the events?

thanks

hmm... I was made by EA which could potentially be a problem.

I would have to edit the gameplay for some of the games to make up for the fact that handhelds aren't amazingly suited to raw button baching...

*ponders*

Heh Heh Heh!

I remember that game. It was pretty fun, if I recall. Though, I was much younger then, and there were many things that I found more amusing at the time. :rolleyes:

Anyway, if you could do a nice clone, I think it'd be pretty cool.

Remember trashing several joysticks just trying to create a bonfire :D Or was that in the wifethrowing-deciplin?

Anyway... played it a lot and trashed a few joystick along the way

EDIT: Have you tried it out on the c64-emulator? I don't think I will though, since I don't think my GP32 could take the abuse

angrypants posted on Apr 15 2004 at 11:20 PM said:
why make a remake when you can play the c64, nes and snes? roms.
Simple answer: Why not?

Maybe he'll add nicer graphics, better gameplay or fix bugs or glitches he didn't like in the original version. Maybe he just likes doing remakes. Maybe he doesn't think the GP32 is an emulation-only machine. Maybe some people like playing original games instead of playing the same games over decades.

Last edited by a moderator:
angrypants posted on Apr 15 2004 at 10:20 PM said:
why make a remake when you can play the c64, nes and snes? roms.
lots of reasons:

the graphics on the original are pretty poor

joystick wiggling can't be done effectively with a pad

the original was on 4+ discs which can be awkward in emus

you look an idiot on the train button bashing

it's a great idea and I could try and come up with new ideas for events

it's a challenge, I've never attempted a full project before, the most I've done is pong clones and a skeet shooting game (not including the thousands of databse programs you make at uni)

Last edited by a moderator:
I recall.. woman throwing. Grabbing women by their hair and throwing.

God, I love this game. thanks for reminding me :D

A good idea for controls might be like on this game i played on a mobile. The arrow points to the direction (or button or whatever) on a little picture and you press that button. It's more reflexes rather than button mashing.

Back