Celebrity voice overs in games

Garrett

Advanced Member
This cropped up in a random discussion I was having recently & these are the ones that occurred to me at the time ..

David Duchovny - XIII (also featured Adam West I think)

Henry Rollins - Mace Griffin Bounty Hunter

John Cleese - Jade Empire

David Bowie - Omikron The Nomad Soul

Brian Cox - Manhunt

Mark Hamill - Batman AA/AC, Darksiders, Wing Commander III, IV, Prophecy (and loads of others I can't remember)

Michael Ironside - Splinter Cell

Vin Diesel - Chronicles Of Riddick

I'm sure you can all do a lot better.

Just remembered Eric Idle as Rincewind in Discworld & it's sequel

& didn't Leslie Phillips voice one of the Gex games..?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ron Perlman, of Big Foot fame and also in one film I watched recently... does Fallout

I can't think of any others though besides obvious games that are based on the films or such, like Vin Diesel. I'm sure Hanna Montana does some voice work in the Hanna Montana games on DS but those don't count eh

In the PSX/Playstation title Blasto, former SNL alumni comedian and popular voice actor, the late Phil Hartman.

Another PSX game, Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain, as the voice of Mortanius the Necromancer/Nemesis, plus highly respected for many other voice acting works, the late Tony Jay.

Another PSX game, Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain, as the voice of Mortanius the Necromancer/Nemesis, plus highly respected for many other voice acting works, the late Tony Jay.

Ah yes, how the hell could I have forgotten Tony Jay.. such a fantastic voice, sadly missed.

Matt Berry is doing the narration in the new Worms Revolution game (it has the original creator Andy Davison back on board, so I'll be interested in seeing what new directions it'll go in!) :)

And The King in TES IV: Oblivion.
The character of Uriel Septim was the emperor.

Patrick was a king though in the game Lands Of Lore.

He is also in Lego Universe, Forgotten Realms Demon Stone and a heap of Star Trek and X Men games.

Brian Blessed (owner of one of the greatest shouting voices) was in Viking: Battle For Asgard, Rome Total War, War Hammer 40000 Fire Warrior, Extreme Skate Adventure, Kingdom Hearts, Tarzan, Privateer 2.

Back