Change the mockups

Xcl4m4t10n

Advanced Member
Hello,

With the color already decided, wouldn't be a good Idea change the images on the forum/website to the black version of the case? The red one is very ugly and I saw it is a major topic when you share any Pyra images on other sited (a lot of people complain about the color).

I would say better wait just a little bit longer, then it will be possible to shoot photos with the final cases.

Maybe add images of a black one with the red one, but don't ditch the red one quite yet.

The black buttons on a black case is going to look like a black buttonless brick. The red case allows those features to be seen and visually noted in a way that simply doesn't register with an all clear or all black case.

I suspect that the plan will be to produce black, red and possibly clear cases.

Personally, I'd be good with a clear case with red shoulder buttons, red stylus, and black nubs. I'll likely be happy with whatever I get though.

When did ED announce the final colour?

He hasn't.

The renders posted to the product pages are in red. The prototypes shown have been in clear. In references to the batch of sample cases that are currently en-route he has said that they are black with a slight hint of blue.

Well, actually I think it is assumed that the cases are going to be in black (at least, the "included" ones).

I forget when but he said black would definitely be there, but whether there was more colours had yet to be decided.
That was, like, 8 months ago when he said it though.

Clear... then Black/Dark Grey... I would only get red if there was no other option.

Black with red nubs (maybe, maybe not) , shoulders (only 1 set), and stylus. Sounds very very nice to me... but completely impractical. ..

Unless I got 2 Pyra* or I found someone who wants a Red Pyra with black shoulders, nubs, and stylus and we could do a swap.

* What's plural for Pyra?

Pyra
Pyrae
Pyras
???

I tend to like the notion that the plural is spelt and sounds the same as the singular.

I.e. Look at that sheep breaking away from that herd of sheep.

Look at that awesome modded Pyra in the middle of that collection of Pyra over there..

???

Sent from my GT-S7580 using Tapatalk

i'll probably wait to see for nice actual pictures to see which one looks better (IMO)... there's good reasons to do one over the other...

Back