Cheap 4gb Sd

Hey that is a good deal, so good, I'm suspicious, and why is it a picture of the back of the card?

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE BRAND MAY VARY FROM PICTURE DISPLAYED - MANY THANKS

In other words it could be a bit up in the air - but its almost certainly not SDHC which really wouldn't work. At that price, its almost worth taking the chance, Sd card compatibility is bound to get even better on the gp2x anyway. At a rough guess I'd say it'll be slow if it does work - still would be great for movies and etc.

Edit; read some of the reviews, 133x!

woah. that is cheap...

the only negative thing i'd have to say about these no-name sd cards is that you have to treat them with a bit of care.

i used to just sling my one into my bag without a case, last month the little write protect bit popped out and the plastic of the card has snapped around the edges. the card is still usable but i can actually see the chips inside now.

my own fault i know but it's a lesson learnt.

There's a £10 2GB card too, its probably a lot more likely to be compatible. Still add on four pounds postage and one is tempted just to go for the unknown of the 4gb. Just how compatible is the GP2X since the latest firmware? Is that measurable? I bet they're toshiba..

As Zeladin mentions, there is a 2Gb one aswell, only £9.99

On the reviews A.W. - BOLTON uses his in his GP2X without problems, so I might go for that one. I'd hate to be stuck with a 4Gb one if the GP2X doesn't read it. None of my other gadgets use SD.

I can confirm they work great with the gp2x!

A steal at the price!

Someone order one and post back how well it works etc. :) That's a pretty awesome price.
I think the brand and details may vary, they're sticking their own labels on them I'm guessing - so some one getting one, and it working won't necessarily be helpful.

Still, do we get to put it on the expense account? ;)

It is pretty much half that of anywhere else, so very very tempting...

Edit; oh great that reduces the possible risk a lot, presumably they'll not have a mix anyway so...

Last edited by a moderator:
They have been selling these for a while, previously at 40 quid! They were KeyMem 133x then.

It's a awesome price, this time last year I paid £38 for a 1GB card! they also have 4Gb CF cards for the same price. Just about to order the 4GB SD, although I doubt it'll go in my GP2X.

Anyone interested in getting a 2gb SD (kingston) completely free of charge, see here:

http://www.buy.com/prod/Kingston_2GB_Secur.../202743332.html

Just be absolutely sure to use google checkout and get the additional 10 USD off for "trying it out". That will bring the price down to 35 USD w/ free shipping, and thus the rebate is for that amount :)

I ordered one yesterday. It should go very nice with the new camera I want to buy :D

Back