Cheese Webcam Software

paddy

Website
Visit site
hi

i have installed cheese webcam software and now i want to get some basic drivers installed so different cams can be used but i think i need to do a kernel update and not sure if this is safe.

i think this is the correct update to use,not sure ....

update-modules, kernel-2.6.32
http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/repo/?pkgname=update-modules

am i right in thinking this will add drivers so cheese can see webcam hardware?

if i am wrong could one of you nice chaps help me out as in the end i want to do a pnd for cheese with the guideline to install the driver pack seperate so the user can do the drivers or single driver to save space.

cheers

Paddy

I think we're using a customised kernel. Stuff may stop working if you change it! Best ask Skeezix or Notaz on this.

Someguy is right, I strongly suggest not attempting a kernel upgrade on the Pandora. The ?Yars Revenge? firmware will be released soon enough. and will have a newer kernel version in it that may support webcams. I recommend patience on this one.

If the module version matches the running kernel, or the kernel is lenient about module versions, you could probably extract the required modules from the package and install/insert them manually using insmod or modprobe.

some webcams are working for me via vlc (from repros) and in mplayer. So drivers are in there. But cheese doesn't work with the webcam I have (Microsoft Cinema HD).

Back