GP32 CHN's File Requester

Hazey

Still Fresh
Website
www.few.vu.nl
It's easy to say that CHN's file requester (available here) is one of the most used ones out there and also quite easy to implement. That's why the latest version of MikPlay32 will also be using CHN's nifty piece of code.
On the plusside it instantly adds (sub-)directory support. On the downside it's lacking some basic functions which MikPlay32 needs to retain it's previous functionality. So before I'm going to hack into the code, I thought it would be a wise idea to see whether someone else may already have done so.

So the question is: has anyone tweaked, optimized or made note worthy additions to CHN's file requester (gpfilereq.*)? It would be kind of stupid to code the same stuff twice. ;)

What kind of basic functions is the requester lacking (sorry, I haven't tried MikPlay32 yet)? Have a look at the newer file requester used in the MODPlay program. If it fits your needs better, I can dig out the source code for you.

/chris

Yes, MODPlay's file selector does indeed fit the needs better. In what sense is it (non-)compatible with the gpfilereq.* posted on your website?
The only thing which is then still missing is the ability to move to the next/previous module in the directory (from within the player itself, not the fileselector). MODPlay "resolves" this by making use of playlists, obviously MikPlay32 will then have to do some "automated" playlisting of some sort. :unsure:

And that you haven't tried MikPlay32 isn't surprising. It's been more than over a year since the last update. And as Aj0 doesn't have his GP32 anymore, I've taken it upon myself to do some updating. :p

Well, went ahead with CHN's file requester anyway. :p After a few little (ugly) hacks most things have been resolved.

Expect a release of MikPlay32 v0.4 soon! (as in: just a little more field testing)

Back