Chrimbo Present

Skop

AutoBots.....Transform!!
Website
Visit site
My Brother is gonna order a modded X-Box from www.xbox-mod.co.uk, and was looking at the spec's etc.

Is just buying the modded X-Box without upgrading the HDD size (to say, 120gigs) a wise move?

My brother is just keen on *edited due to extremegamer*, and is not interested in the other features, web-browser, viewing jpeg's etc, and our Computer's USB's are fucked so we can't use half of the features anyway (to my knowledge).

What should we/he do?

If all he's interested in is renting and copying games then you'll need a bigger hard drive. The standard xbox hard drive is only 8gb and 10gb at max. You'd only fit 3 or so games on it at a time.

Edit : Oh an your USB problem shouldn't matter, the xbox is connected to the pc using a RJ45 crossover cable which goes into an ethernet port, not your USB ports.

davey g posted on Oct 18 2004 at 06:55 PM said:
Edit : Oh an your USB problem shouldn't matter, the xbox is connected to the pc using a RJ45 crossover cable which goes into an ethernet port, not your USB ports.

Can you not just store the games on the PC and then Drag them onto the XBox when wanted via the network????

Last edited by a moderator:
its a good thing Microsoft can't trace back peoples member names to their sign up form through GP32x to get their ISP address to find out who they are and where they live to crack down on some of the piracy that goes on.

extremegamer posted on Oct 18 2004 at 07:13 PM said:
its a good thing Microsoft can't trace back peoples member names to their sign up form through GP32x to get their ISP address to find out who they are and where they live to crack down on some of the piracy that goes on.
worst thing ever posted by anyone.

It's weird that they would go after us few on gp32x and not the many on xbox-scene. Hell, it's weird they don't go after the people they ban off xbox live for using a chip.

;)

declaration posted on Oct 18 2004 at 08:28 PM said:
i'm 86% sure declaration isn't really declaration

taras posted on Oct 18 2004 at 09:43 PM said:
declaration posted on Oct 18 2004 at 08:28 PM said:
i'm 86% sure declaration isn't really declaration
86%. Thats pretty sure.

I'm getting a switch installed on mine for PES on LIVE.

Should have it ready tomorrow. Will xbox live work through a proxy program (proxy+)?

davey g posted on Oct 18 2004 at 08:41 PM said:

It's weird that they would go after us few on gp32x and not the many on xbox-scene. Hell, it's weird they don't go after the people they ban off xbox live for using a chip.

;)

They don't know people with chips have pirated games.

to be honest i would not bother getting a modded Xbox, buy one second hand.. or brand new on its own, install any solderless modchip yourself ( i installed the Chameleon ) and burn your downloa... i mean rented disks..*cough* or whatever, onto DVDRW if you have a DVD burner...

this is the best and cheaper way to do it IMO.. :)

but if the other way is easier, do whichever you want.

Excellent. Just got XBOX Live and it's brill.

Only got two demos with it.

You know what's funny...when you go to your friends list and it comes up..."you have no friends" Ha Ha Ha. Harsh.

I need XBOX Live friends.

oh funky!

Doesn't use USB's eh? brilliant.

I guess I'll need bittorrent and bookmark suprnova.org now.

I just double click on a file (with the xbox connected to the PC) and it goes striaght to the Xbox?

As you can see, I know sod all about this.

Erm.. are we allowed to talk about warez here? :blink:

Bittorrent is one place, but there is one main source for all xbox and any console games.. just look around yourself, not very hard to figure out :)

i just think its funny that the person who posted this was stupid enough to say right in his post he was buying one to copy rented games. There might be someone that works at microsoft with a GP32 reading this post as we speak. He makes a couple of phone calls and bang bang at the door is the xbox police.

Back