Chromium Web Browser

S

StreaK

Chromium Web Browser

Info: Chromium is the open source web browser project from which Google Chromedraws its source code.[3] The project's hourly Chromium snapshots appear essentially similar[4] to the latest builds of Google Chrome aside from the omission of certain Google additions, most noticeable among them: Google's branding, auto-update mechanism, click-through licensing terms, usage-tracking, a built-in PDF viewer and bundling of the Adobe Flash Player. Chromium uses the WebKit layout engine.

Image:

http://upload.wikime..._browser%29.png

Download:

Download directly from Synthetic Package Manager

Last edited:
didn't get much time to try this out before work, but currently it's not done anything but crash my Pandora completely (hard reset required). I'm using the Super Zaxxon beta firmware, but the ordinary kernal in it. I get as far as selecting which swearch engine to use, then it crashes soon after.

on, HF5 and HF6 works. Not checked on superzaxxon, because superzaxon not working via SD card on my OP [hard freeze]..

I didnt checked SSL pages yet..

Streak nice job.

You tube can go into full screen only problem is that there is no 240 quality option like firefox browser,is there any chance you can put that option,it makes the videos run full speed.

When you play few videos the audio disappears.

Last edited by a moderator:
Streak nice job.

You tube can go into full screen but i have problem when i change the speed on youtube which was set to normal as default, i setted it to different one meaning lower one first the audio went then the videos stop playing,why is it doing that.

Uh, maybe try to restart Chromium.. and then re-try YT..

@lylatWars/sukiextreme/ocean

you already know the pandora cant do flash any better then it already does so why do you keep on expeting great performce from flash? if you are using the same flash plugin (which you are as there is only one that works) then its always going to work at the same performce, (i dont mean to sound rude but...) come on, use your noggin; its only logical that flash plugin performance wont change unless a newer more optimised flash plugin is available.

@lylatWars/sukiextreme/ocean

you already know the pandora cant do flash any better then it already does so why do you keep on expeting great performce from flash? if you are using the same flash plugin (which you are as there is only one that works) then its always going to work at the same performce, (i dont mean to sound rude but...) come on, use your noggin; its only logical that flash plugin performance wont change unless a newer more optimised flash plugin is available.
What's your problem about my name changes.

It's same plugin but this time round it's better for this browser because redline is gone and youtube has gone full screen,these 2 problems still address in firefox even it's same flash plugin.

The weird thing is firefox has 240 option but why isn't that option available in this browser.

it should be if you click on the cog icon in the youtube flashplayer.

what do you mean youtube has gone full screen? its hard to belive the red line has gone, are you sure you are not viewing youtube vids via the HTML5 player as chromium doesnt come with flash pre-installed like firefox(well not installed but left in the PND by accident ;) )

Yeah. Good question. If LylatWars want to change his name another time, why this will generates so much problems in community? Its his choice, just respect that, dont ask why..

Maybe milkshake is just letting the rest of us know who Lylat Wars was. Cheers Milkshake.

At least I now know not to take anything he says too seriously. No disrespect Lylat ;)

it should be if you click on the cog icon in the youtube flashplayer.

what do you mean youtube has gone full screen? its hard to belive the red line has gone, are you sure you are not viewing youtube vids via the HTML5 player as chromium doesnt come with flash pre-installed like firefox(well not installed but left in the PND by accident ;) )
Of course i'm not using HTML5 player.

If you look at bottom right if you click on that you tube goes full screen,no joke try it yourself,i was surprised to see this happening.

Yeah. Good question. If LylatWars want to change his name another time, why this will generates so much problems in community? Its his choice, just respect that, dont ask why..
There was a strong reason for changing my name from ocean to lylat, something pissed me off big timer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never said I had a problem with the name changes (it does kinda seem like you kinda wanna make people forget you with all the name changes but i dont have a problem with it), can I not use all use your previouse name if I choose to? there isnt any forums rules about this is there?

anyway didnt the fullscreen button work before on firefox? I mean generally thats how the button in the bottom corner works, though I cant remember testing it on the pandora since the flash performace is poor (unless @ 240i).

Back