Release Clonekeenplus

Pickle

Mega GP Mania
Website
Visit site
I was going to port clonekeen, but in my google quest it found this newer up to date fork.
Well its runs great on the pandora, too bad my controls are hokey I cant really play it.

So this interpreter will play episodes 1-3, seems to support mod episodes, and also support some high res pack, which I have not tried. Also has in some scale filters, so we can enjoy playing this at 640x480 with pixel filtering to make it nice and pretty.

Im going to play around and see if it cant be run on the wiz. The clonekeen2x is soooo sloooowww.

borgqueenx posted on May 16 2009 at 07:27 AM said:
clonekeen is not a great thing to me. Dosbox will be able to run keen on full speed.
And clonekeen only supports keen 1, 2 and 3...
I wanna play 4, 5, 6, dreams and onofficial 7.
Yeah I suppose your right on that, even 4 runs, I know I ran it in the pandora dosbox already.
I guess I did this port more to see if it was better than clonekeen, and it was easier to compile on the pandora first.
But oh well, now you can eat your cake and have it too.

The wiz version is more important since dosbox still has issues even starting on the wiz. ClonekeenPlus is faster than clonekeen, which is what i was hoping.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pickle posted on May 16 2009 at 02:11 PM said:
clonekeen is not a great thing to me. Dosbox will be able to run keen on full speed.
Yeah I suppose your right on that, even 4 runs, I know I ran it in the pandora dosbox already.
I guess I did this port more to see if it was better than clonekeen, and it was easier to compile on the pandora first.

The wiz version is more important since dosbox still has issues even starting on the wiz. ClonekeenPlus is faster than clonekeen, which is what i was hoping.
Is clonekeenplus going to come to gp2x as well? I'd like to see a working version of keen on the gp2x. I'd really prefer keen 4 5 6. I had so much fun with them back in the day. My old 286 with ega and speaker sound... I wore out at least 3 keyboards with them.. Well, that and hitting ctrl-alt-del after modifing the autoexec.bat and config.sys trying to get the largest executable size big enough to run it (ctrl and alt were the keys most games used). With a 286 you can load dos high, but no umb's (for those of us who remember).

Chris

christo930 posted on May 16 2009 at 11:06 AM) [quote="Pickle posted on May 16 2009 at 02:11 PM said:

Is clonekeenplus going to come to gp2x as well? I'd like to see a working version of keen on the gp2x. I'd really prefer keen 4 5 6. I had so much fun with them back in the day. My old 286 with ega and speaker sound... I wore out at least 3 keyboards with them.. Well, that and hitting ctrl-alt-del after modifing the autoexec.bat and config.sys trying to get the largest executable size big enough to run it (ctrl and alt were the keys most games used). With a 286 you can load dos high, but no umb's (for those of us who remember"].

Chris[/quote]Its possible for the gp2x, its really just a matter of recompiling

Its really a joint effort I compiled it for the pandora and ran some tests. M-HT does the recompiler backend.

Back