Colors

Spadoof

Website
Visit site
Dear Readers,

Just wondering what colors will be avalible for the pandora handheld. I have already say black, whit and blue. Also what colors would you like to see? I personally would like to see clear, with led lights inside.

Thanks for Listening,
-Spadoof :gp2x

what do you mean. do you mean it already comes in black white and blue, or that you'd like to see black white and blue. as far as I know it only comes in black.

Spadoof said:
Just wondering what colors will be avalible for the pandora handheld. I have already say black, whit and blue. Also what colors would you like to see?
Pandora will be made using the Model T color scheme. You can order one in any color you like, so long as it is black.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, what I meant to say that the casing for the pandora handheld is suppost to come in black white and "red". Also what colors would you like to see

Spadoof said:
Sorry, what I meant to say that the casing for the pandora handheld is suppost to come in black white and "red".
Nope. Just black. Those renders you saw were just people playing around.

i'd like to see it come with freaky designs on the case but no system has ever done this unless it's a skin. Really I'd want it in Black though. i think it makes it look sophisticated, intimidating, and just downright awesome

Why not replacement casings similar to those for the PSP and DS for people who really want different colors?

PlopperZ said:
Why not replacement casings similar to those for the PSP and DS for people who really want different colors?
Same reason there won't be any custom accessories. If you can't sell at least a couple thousand, then it's not financially feasible.

On a related note, I updated the FAQ with color info.

There are plenty of places online that do stick-on skins for handhelds and consoles, like www.decalgirl.com. If the Pandora builds up a sufficient user base, I'm sure at least some of them will make skins available.

Kagato said:
There are plenty of places online that do stick-on skins for handhelds and consoles, like www.decalgirl.com. If the Pandora builds up a sufficient user base, I'm sure at least some of them will make skins available.
That looks pretty cool, if I lived in the U.S I'd actually think of buying some. Maybe when I get a job :p.

If you really want another color it's not that hard, open Pandora up, remove the shell, buy a air brush, buy a primer, a colored Lacquer that suits your needs and a clear Lacquer, let it dry and put back together tada a new color :)

Also I know at least in Sweden there are a few places that custom paints consoles, they would most likely be able to do the same for your Pandora if you don't trust yourself with a brush ;)

EDIT:
Lacquer = varnish, don't know which one is the one to use in English, just took the one that Swedish directly translates to.

I don't know exactly how open the Pandora will be, but maybe they'll even release the CAD files for the case like OpenMoko did a while ago...

And even if they don't, the PCB has been shown openly so one could even design their own "better" case... Some people already have plans to add a swiveling screen etc., right?

atomicthumbs said:
I'll just manufacture a new case out of polycarbonate
I'll just chop a tree down, hack it up a bit and my new look pandora will be sorted.

Back