Commdore Pet Emulator

KPexEA

Still Fresh
I've been playing around with Chrome Native-Client lately and wrote a Commodore PET emulator for it, and after that was done I decided to make it run on my GP2X Wiz as well.
You can see both of them as well as a PC version here.

The emulator has a main menu with the following PET games: Space Invaders, Paladin, Land-Slide, Breakout, Scramble, Android Nim, Slime, Astro-Rescue, Super Glooper, Cosmic Cosmiads, Pet Panic, Meteroids, Star Spores!, War, Cosmic Fighter, Seige, Pet Tetris, Cosmic Jailbreak

I wrote 3 of the PET games in the list above back in 1981.

Cheers,
KevinP

This is great! Thank you! My first computing experiences were all about the Pet. I seem to recall playing Paladin in my school library whenever I had the chance. I haven't really had a chance to mess around with this but I did want to let you know that your work is appreciated. Incidentally, which three are "yours?"

E.

This is very cool (been running it in Chrome) - I learnt BASIC on a PET. My dad used to bring one home from work for me to play with at weekends - what a beast it was!

Evad97 said:
Incidentally, which three are "yours?"
E.

Oops, only two: Paladin and Land-Slide

I had 3 more but for some reason they will not run properly with the Basic 4.0 Roms that I was able to grab from Vice. Seems my Pet 4032 had a slightly different Rom set and the newer Roms are fighting over a few page 3 memory locations that caused my programs to not run properly.

I have written a 6502 disassembler and assembler as well so I will fix them up to work and add more games soon. If anyone has any good PET games they want added please let me know and I will add them to the collection.

Cheers,
Kevin P

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah hah! Many thanks for Paladin ... like I said, I spent many a stolen minute in my school library playing this game.

E.

Back