Commodore C64 Emulation

sareks

Casual gamer
Hi, I'm trying to get some c64 emulation to work on my 1ghz Pandora.

Here's what I tried so far:

1) Vice-x64: Tried e.g. "Batman the movie". Loads the game perfectly, but the sound (music) stutters.

Snapshots seem to work as save / load game states. What could I do to make the stutter go away? It's annoying.

2) C64.Emu: Tried e.g. "Batman the movie". Doesn't load game, instead it says: "Can't start C64 with firmware path/media/C64.emu, make sure it contains the C64, DRIVES, PRINTER directories from vice" - but there are no such directories in the appdata vice folder ?!?

Are there any other emulators for c64 on Pandora? Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't tried Batman the Movie, but Vice works very well, check the audio settings in your Vice, try lowering the frequency, or increasing the buffer size.  If I remember later, I'll try B:TM myself

The default config of vice was tweaked to reduce stuttering. That was quite some time ago, but if you did use it before it might be neccessary to delete the appdata directory (or at least the config file).

For C64.emu, there are 2 version (.11 and .12), you should try both, as the packaging in slightly different.

Also, for C64, there "quick config" you should select one (like "PAL with QuickDrive" or something like that).

The default config of vice was tweaked to reduce stuttering. That was quite some time ago, but if you did use it before it might be neccessary to delete the appdata directory (or at least the config file).
Hi, where do I get the newest version?

I haven't tried Batman the Movie, but Vice works very well, check the audio settings in your Vice, try lowering the frequency, or increasing the buffer size.  If I remember later, I'll try B:TM myself
Thanks for the hint. Is there a way to remap the key buttons, e.g. quicksave / quickload / select save slot / warp mode?

What's the R/S (Run/Stop) key button?

Hi, where do I get the newest version?
You probably already have it, it's on the repo. My comment is only relevant if you first downloaded it a couple of month ago and updated recently. I should have made that clearer.

Back