GP32 Complete Noob To Arm

godgnome

Still Fresh
Ok what do i need to start compiling code for gp32? i got dev C++ and visual c++ 6 , iknow a relitivley small amount of c++ and diddnt start with c. Im only 14 so give me a break.. What structure do arm applications take? what includes do i need? can i use dev C++?

PLZ HELP :ph34r: :ph34r:

I was 14 when I learned C and C++. I got in charge of some forums too :). The problem is I know ZIP about graphics. I suggest sticking with C and C++ for a while before you start on GP32. I for example am trying to convert some basic text games with the chatboard. It's pretty easy and some of the games are pretty entertaining.

Dev c++ is a compiler made by Bloodshed if I remember right
It's an IDE. It can use any compiler AFAIK. Which means that you can use it to make GP32 programs.

I learned to program for the GP32 when I was twelve, and I'm still 12 :blink:. Herdest part was figuring out the GP32 API (especially screen initilization) since I already knew a bit of C, and I learned more off the internet every time that I needed to do something that I didn't know how to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dev c++ is a compiler made by Bloodshed if I remember right
It's an IDE. It can use any compiler AFAIK. Which means that you can use it to make GP32 programs.

I learned to program for the GP32 when I was twelve, and I'm still 12 :blink: . Herdest part was figuring out the GP32 API (especially screen initilization) since I already knew a bit of C, and I learned more off the internet every time that I needed to do something that I didn't know how to do.
DAMN YOU!!!! LOL just kidding. Thats extremely impressive. I wish I was as smart as you :( .

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi godgnome,

ARM (specifically ARM9 for the GP32) is the type of machine language used in the GP32's processor. Any code compiled into a program would be in ARM, just like any code compiled for an Intel PC would be in x86.

A good starting tutorial for a complete n00b to GP32 programming is Rico's tutorial, even if it is a little dated:

http://www.thaworx.co.uk/ninja/tut1.htm

Coding for a GP32 is more difficult then coding for a PC. If you don't feel comfortable with all this GCC stuff, you may want to learn a little more C (don't go straight to C++ without mastering C first) on the PC before moving to the GP32.

Good luck!

Back