Composite/S-video to VGA converter with Pandora TV-out?

j0e

Hey guys,

any experiences of using a composite/S-video to VGA converter with a Pandora TV-out cable? I've ordered one and am excited for its arrival but the only TVs I can use every day are in living rooms, whereas in my bedroom there are only VGA monitors. I was wondering how well those S-video to VGA converters such as this one work on a Pandora (or in general even). I must say I'm not too experienced with either composite or S-video - being born in the UK I've always used SCART to connect my consoles - so I don't know how accurate the pixel representation would be on a VGA display.

Can't seem to find any videos of these converters in action for some reason either. if anyone could let me know how well they work it'd be most appreciated. Cheers guys!

I have a Composite/S-Video to VGA adapter I used to use with an old VCR and a Radica Street Fighter II plug and play game. The video quality wasn't that great, but it did work. I still have but haven't used it in a while because the monitor I have now is a Dell with a Composite in, so the Street Fighter II can connect straight to it now. For playing games, it will be fine, albeit a little fuzzy. If you were expecting a graphics improvement from connecting it to an old school tube TV, I think you will be a little disappointed unless the one you chose works a lot better than mine.

Little late, but I have both: VGA and HDMI converter.

Both do work and are plug and play.

Don't need them often but they are handy from time to time.

Please be aware that SCART isn't a connection comparable to composite or S-Video. In fact the a SCART connector can physically transport composite, S-Video and RGB signals (and audio) at the same time. Some SCART connectors don't even carry RGB so it might be that the SCART connection you used for your consoles was composite/S-Video all the time.

While composite/ S-Video to VGA converter convert signals they can't make them better but can make them worse. On the other hand, if you just own a monitor with VGA-in it's the cheapest and most promising way except if you have a lot of spare room. Then I would go for a used crt (dirt cheap these days). 

Back