Config_Usb_Ohci_Hcd Is Not Set

Vitel

Website
vminko.org
My Pandora does not recognize USB devices when I connect them to the OTG port:
http://pandorawiki.org/Image:pandora.usb.otg.host.png

I suspect that the problem is caused by CONFIG_USB_OHCI_HCD which is disabled in the default kernel.

Charging via OTG works fine BTW.

http://pandorawiki.org/Image:Mini-usb.png
Photo for clarity. Both fit in the port (obviously?) Maybe the Mini-B cable works if you force the switch, but maybe it will damage things...

@tsh: Both mini-A and mini-B should be inserted into USB-OTG. Mini-A should be used for connecting slave devices to Pandora. Mini-B, in opposite, should be used for connecting Pandora as slave device to another host machine or for charging. I can be wrong, but this is how I understand USB-OTG thingy.

peca said:
Mini-B, in opposite, should be used for connecting Pandora as slave device to another host machine or for charging.
I guess you're right, because I have no problems with charging my Pandora via mini-B cable. mini-A is supposed to be for hosting.

Last edited by a moderator:
peca said:
@tsh: Both mini-A and mini-B should be inserted into USB-OTG. Mini-A should be used for connecting slave devices to Pandora. Mini-B, in opposite, should be used for connecting Pandora as slave device to another host machine or for charging. I can be wrong, but this is how I understand USB-OTG thingy.

Agreed. There seems to be some uncertainty around using a cable which does not have pin (4?) grounded in order to work in host mode. For example, I bought a Mini-B to Std-A cable. This could work for host mode (electrically) but the port would need to be software switched. However, I found that switching by software seems to have dangerous effects.
The Mini-B connectors are cheaper, so no doubt people will try them (but need to know that this is not sensible)

The shape of the connector does not affect the mode of the port.

Last edited by a moderator:
miniA use is depreciated because OTG is now in MICRO size (2 years now)
Port flipping is intended for otg to otg connections (mostly)

>The shape of the connector does not affect the mode of the port.
But it does give a good clue as to whether the end is A or B
The shapes are quite different
A (by default) switches the port to a_host (master)
The port with nothing plugged in is b_idle (by default)
miniB is still quite commonly used for many peripherals, microB for
most of the rest

dave

Back