Couple More Newbie Q's

Instantjewmix

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
How do i get the Descent 2 for GP2X working? I followed all of the instructions on the download page (yes, i have the disk too), and all i get is a black screen and then it flicks back to the main menu. What do i do?

I have another small question too. It's probably posted somewhere, but as everyone said before, the search tool sucks. How do i overclock? Before i was dealing with limeted battery life which was a problem untill i temporarily remedied that (i put a holder for 2 C-cell batteries on the back. I was gonna go with d-cell, but those things are freiken huge). Now that i have the power to do so, how do i overclock?

Thank you in advance for anyone that helps me (and poo on you to anyone who acts like a dick about it)

Instantjewmix posted on Dec 1 2006 at 06:56 PM said:
(and poo on you to anyone who acts like a dick about it)

This is not the help section. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
The search tools isn't that bad, did you even try? Anyway most programs allow you to overclock from within them - if they don't there are a few other tools that you can find in the downloads section - the one I use is CPU/LCD-Tweaker You can find it here
And why would you need to use D cell batteries :blink: - just get some decent rechargeables.

Yeah... I had 100 time rechargeable batteries. They worked nicely. For like a half of a year. But hey, i would settle for using 4 batteries if the gp2x had a GPU :p Really though, that C battery holder thing is the best idea ever. I have to try that someday. I never checked if they had C rechargeable batteries :) that would so rock.

To over clock, the best idea is to wrap the application with a script around the CPU/LCD-Tweaker since the gp2x menu changes the CPU clock when you view it. (Or use the new over clocking daemon.)

Heres a script that will wrap a program around the over clocker:

#!/bin/sh
./cpu_speed.gpe --cpuclk 265
./GPE or GPU name here, case sensitive

Changing the 265 after --cpuclk in the second line will change the clocking. Some GP2X's will either freeze, crash, or explode and cause a black hole while 5 people from Australia, USA, Canada, Mexico, two countries in Europe and Asia, and a circle of a random location on the earth with a 200 foot radius commit suicide and prank call you because they hate you for over clocking too high when over clocking this high. Wouldn't want that, right? Others can handle it, but most will just take it until some massive work has to be done on the CPU. In quake, it usually freezes that high, and even lower depending on your gp2x.

But if your program doesn't return to menu automatically on exit (All SDL programs and mini lib programs should) you must add the commands to do that in order for the menu to show up. To save memory, although not much, if you don't need to return to menu using the script, you can put exec and a space before the program name.

Well, you can use overclocking programs, or you could use GMenu2X and set each program to run at the CPU speed you want there more easily.

Aryn said:
Well, you can use overclocking programs, or you could use GMenu2X and set each program to run at the CPU speed you want there more easily.
Grave Digging:

You do realize that the last post in this topic was Posted Dec 2 2006, I`m pretty sure the original poster has probably got the answers by now, And probably gone off, Got married and had kids.

Trooper

trooper said:
Grave Digging:

You do realize that the last post in this topic was Posted Dec 2 2006, I`m pretty sure the original poster has probably got the answers by now, And probably gone off, Got married and had kids.

Trooper
LOL

I think what we need in here, to stop Grave Digging is a little warning near the [Reply] button if the thread has been idle for a certain time.. say.. 2 weeks+..
Something like "|/|/+|= |\|008"

Back