Covid-19 (Coronavirus) - Please stay safe, y'all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, probably, but I've already had my measles vaccine, so...

According to one of the updates at the above link, Germany joins Japan in having a case of Wuhan coronavirus that was transmitted domestically. Unlike Japan though, I think they've identified the person that transmitted it.

We have our first patient in Bavaria. It's a Webasto employee, who got infected while attending to a training course with a Chinese colleague.

Don't panic too much yet. The things that are most likely to kill you don't get so much time in the news.
(Respiratory infections are quite high up, but that includes things like the common flu.)

Last edited:

Germany apparently now has three more cases, but they're all from the same source as the first one, so it's under control, right?

I'd wish ED even more safety, but I don't wanna jinx him.

Wikipedia are reporting that the WHO have announced this as a global health emergency, but then again at the time of writing it's an unsourced mobile edit from a registered user who's previous activity seemed entirely limited to talking about UK TV channels and occasionally getting stroppy.

Edit: To be clear, the BBC story linked in the post above says the WHO aren't declaring anything until tomorrow. I'm honestly not sure now.

Edit2: Yep just been on the TV news here. Seems they have after all.

Last edited:
All bullshit !! This virus does nothing to humans... the only ones that are dying are THEY !! :cool:

download.jpg

Nice map. Why do I wonder, now, if it'll reach Madagascar, before they close their harbour?

The question to me is whether it's infectious before people show a fever that can me measured using some kind of thermometer (we've seen them using those IR thermometers to take people's forehead temperatures at airports and train stations in china).

I must admit, I've been looking at the availabililty of personal respirators on my local amazon site recently, but haven't actually considered placing an order yet.

train to wuhan.jpg

Movie synopsys: There is a virus outbreak in the city of Wuhan. The only nubs factory is in the heart of Wuhan, which are required to build the promised next batch.
As the virus spreads, airplanes are grounded, roads are blocked... the only way to the factory is by train.
A brave man goes to get them.

90% Rotten Doritos: I was sitting on the edge of my chair!

7 MetaPyratic: I bit all my nails off watching this movie... yes, even my toe nails!

How it should have ended: It end as it should have ended. Perfect movie!

Pandora Critic: I shat myself half-through the movie

sourceimage1
font

Last edited:
Nice map. Why do I wonder, now, if it'll reach Madagascar, before they close their harbour?

I'm betting more on Greenland being the safest. They're pretty keen on closing down the country before it is too late. ;)

Everybody was Kung Flu fighting.

This plague is fast as lightning...
At first it was a little bit frightening,
But they spread it with expert timing...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back