Cps2emu Test Version 7.1

slaanesh

Certified Guru
Website
www.slaanesh.net
First of all thanks for all the hard work put in by Ell for porting the Cps2Emu to the GP2X.

Second, I haven't been in touch with Ell at all. I'm not hijacking his project; I just want to contribute to it! Hopefully if there is a version 8; these changes will make it in.

Summary of new features:
  • Hi score saving
  • Craigix optimized Ram Timings
I'd previously experimented with adding Craigix's Ram Timings to Cps2Emu and found that it gave good results. Jycet also recently experimented with this and also found the same good results by the sound of it. I hope Jycet can update Capex to incorporate these new features as they are command line driven. See the readme.txt for details.[cut]

I'm also a big fan of saving hi scores; MAME does this already so I was wondering why Cps2Emu wasn't doing so. The original code by NJ curiously didn't support it, though all the other usual MAME features were there. So I grabbed the relevant code from MAME, made some adjustments and shoe-horned it in. It seems to work fine with the games I've tested. It would be easy to add to the PSP version too, but our GP2X version is now one up on 'em! :-D

There are some games that do not have hi score saving support - check the hiscore.dat file. It's just a text file with the required hi score memory areas. If the game you are using isn't in here, it doesn't have hi score support! From what I can see, all the popular games are supported in some way.

Grab the binary with source.

Feedback would be welcome.

Thanks for the wonderful emulator Ell and NJ![/cut]

Thanks for that, slaanesh! Testing your version now...

Regards,
Stephan

Ahh, Gigawing and Mars Matrix hiscore works perfectly. Great!

Just one request: Please add the "NVRAM" folder in the archive. Not everybody knows it is useful for config saving...

Regards,
Stephan

This is a great emulator, I love it.
Great work, thanks Ell and Slaanesh.

I would like to see a different button configuration used for saving/loading though, if it could be done. Not everyone likes using the button click for that.

Also, is there any chance for pausing the game?

wonderful..great work Slaneesh!
One question: Are you working on a CPS1 emu too?

I'm curious: with this release, what is the current state of CPS2 emulation. In terms of playability with/without sound, FPS etc. I'm just wondering what we're talking about here.

I need some info to support whether to reorganize on of my SD cards. Those are big games!

Thanks
Mike

slaanesh posted on Feb 4 2007 at 10:18 AM said:
First of all thanks for all the hard work put in by Ell for porting the Cps2Emu to the GP2X.

Second, I haven't been in touch with Ell at all. I'm not hijacking his project; I just want to contribute to it!
IMO it would have been better for the changes to have been sent to Ell, without making a separate release, to prevent any confusion etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
there`s a version 8 already ..posted on gp2x archive just same time as you were posting on gp32x board :)
it has hi-score too ..don`t know if it has your code for hi-score or ram-timings

Good ell added slaanesh's hiscore in test8 and ram tweak too :) !
It's time for me to work a little to add these arguments:
Code:
--xorrom, --no-xorrom: enable/disable using xor rom. (default: enable)
--tweak, --no-tweak: enable/disable ram timing tweak. (default: disable)
--cpuspeed [clock]: GP2X cpu clock adjust. [clock] is MHz. (default: not adjust)
--hiscore, --no-hiscore: enable/disable high score save/load. (default: enable)

Coming soon in file archive:
Code:
v0.4:
-chg backgroung and reorganize display
-add external background support (if you dont like it, put a capex.bmp file)
-fix hide/show title option in *cf file.
-add --extinput, --no-extinput option support
-add --xorrom, --no-xorrom option support
-add --tweak, --no-tweak option support
-add --cpuspeed [clock] option support
-add --hiscore, --no-hiscore option support

I cant download your version slaanesh, i've always an error page :(
So I added ell argument of test8, I dont know if tweak option really work atm...

JyCet posted on Feb 4 2007 at 08:47 PM said:
Coming soon in file archive:
Code:
v0.4:
-chg backgroung and reorganize display
-add external background support (if you dont like it, put a capex.bmp file)
-fix hide/show title option in *cf file.
-add --extinput, --no-extinput option support
-add --xorrom, --no-xorrom option support
-add --tweak, --no-tweak option support
-add --cpuspeed [clock] option support
-add --hiscore, --no-hiscore option support

I cant download your version slaanesh, i've always an error page :(
So I added ell argument of test8, I dont know if tweak option really work atm...
Only antique, huge Bitmap-format for BG? No tiny, cute, nice and small .jpg or .png's ? ;)

Cervante posted on Feb 4 2007 at 08:13 PM said:
Please give it Pause support in the next version.

v8 has an in-game menu, so just use that as a pause function.

Is there any way to turn off auto-fire? It makes it a little difficult to use the piercing cannon in Mars Matrix... also burns me when I try to enter my initials for a high score, and all I get is BBB.

--Zero

If you use Capex menu by JyCet and find the image is good but kind of "busy" and makes it a bit hard to see the text you can use this. It makes reading the list a little easier

Example of what it looks like:

capexscreenshot.png

Copy the image file below to the CPS2 directory. If you don't want to use it anymore just delete and original comes back.

Back