Craigamp 3.0 Final

craigix

Mega GP Mania
Website
twitter.com
Here is CraigAmp 3.0 a music player (mp3, ogg, wav, midi) for the GP2X which supports:

Playlists (creating, loading, saving, editing)
Searching via onscreen keyboard (id3 tags, file names etc. - can save results as a playlist)
Artwork (auto find)
Shuffle (without repeats)
FF/RR
Screen on/off/auto
CPU speeds
Default to 140mhz for 320Kbps. <100mhz needed for 128Kbps
Full reading and display of all tags etc.
Plus lots more.

Based on Winamp. Very easy to use.

You can get what is probably the final version for the GP2X here: http://gbax.com/CraigAmp3.zip.

All I plan to do now is add in more playback formats unless some of you can find any bugs.

Since this may well become the default GP2X player i'd really like any bugs to be reported.

----------------
New in 3.0:

Files are now listed alphabetically.
Volume saving bug fixed.
Lockup mode bugs fixed.
Random play now shuffles the playlist rather than jumping around it randomly, this
means you don't get repeats and you can see what is next.
You can now softscroll by holding up or down, it will get faster the longer you hold it.
Playlists are now saved with windows AND unix line endings (and no more 'x's)
New playlists are now saved into the DIR where you chose to create them rather the DIR
you were in when you chose to save them.
Message to say 'create new playlist with A button' if no lists are found.
Player no longer misses 2 songs when looping back to the start.
If a picture cannot be found for a song/album/artist but there is only one picture in
the current DIR it will assume that picture is the artwork and show it.
----------------

when i bought my gp2x i thought to use it as music player only, in case it turns out to be a bad item. i guess it's time to check your player. if you really can manage to add lot's of formats, it migh turn out to be the new favorite music player for many users here. multiple useage is the key to success ;) good luck craig.

Drag, it still wont let you fast forward or rewind vorbis :-( craigx, please fix that! then this player will be the best one!

i wish i could code, but i put my faith to the masters.

Great! nice work getting wav to work. Only thing is, how do i get midi files to work? Do i need sound packs or something? would be a very useful feature if it worked as i could use my gp2x to show off work-in-progress stuff to my band mates :)

Definitely everything I've ever wanted in a music player for the GP2x :D

Only complaint is that it takes it a bit to resume after FF/Rewinding, not really that much of a problem though as I don't FF/RW that much anyways.

Thank you very much Craig!

If it will be the default audioplayer then it would be great to add some language support like and txt file (.lng) we can edit the diferent sentences of the player

Also look at the liquido? skin for inspiration on how it should be skinned :p that's a nice layout.

EDIT: Also any idea why I get this nasty hissing crackle sound at the end of each track when running this at 100Mhz? (headphone volume settings).

I also think the shuffle thing is still repeating tracks.. one track played... it played two different tracks then played the first track again (got 42 in the list).

Hi all, I cant access gbax.com at the moment, can anyone else?

Cheers,

HeXy

craigix said:
All I plan to do now is add in more playback formats unless some of you can find any bugs.
MP2? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone, i shall begin adding more formats and maybe a tweak or two.

Then it's time to add in divx, xvid and avi ;)

Back