Crumb Stuck "under" Caanoo Screen, How Do I Remove It?

sirthunder516

Still Fresh
Website
retronuggetdev.com
Yeah, I have a problem- Somehow a rather large crumb found it's way under the screen and resides just below the center. It is extremely large and sticks out like a sore thumb when the screen is anything but a solid black. I tried tapping/jerking my Caanoo to knock it off-screen to get it to move, but it appears to be stuck. What should I do? I'm not going to sit and let that annoying crumb stay there, this happened on my dingoo and it drove the (insert obsenities here) out of me until I opened up the device and removed it with a silicon wipe. One person recommended opening up my Caanoo halfway and blowing the crumb out from the side of the screen using compressed air, what do you guys think? Has anyone taken pics or made a tutorial on how to open up a Caanoo?

Blow compressed air into every hole (except maybe the mic and speakers). The crumb had to get in somehow, so a blast of air should be able to at least move it to somewhere less irritating. Taking the system apart would be the next step after that.

BTW, I'd refrain from eating crummy things while playing handhelds from now on. :)

ozzuneoj said:
Blow compressed air into every hole (except maybe the mic and speakers). The crumb had to get in somehow, so a blast of air should be able to at least move it to somewhere less irritating. Taking the system apart would be the next step after that.

BTW, I'd refrain from eating crummy things while playing handhelds from now on. :)
I tried blowing compressed air into every hole and around the screen except the mic and speakers, but it didn't move. At this point I'm willing to take it apart. How do I do that? I removed the 4 screws on the back but the handheld itself stayed solid and sealed as if the screws hadn't been removed at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
SiRTHUNDER516 said:
I tried blowing compressed air into every hole and around the screen except the mic and speakers, but it didn't move. At this point I'm willing to take it apart. How do I do that? I removed the 4 screws on the back but the handheld itself stayed solid and sealed as if the screws hadn't been removed at all.
I believe this might help: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/56493-caanoo-cover-problem-solved/

Hvatig said:
SiRTHUNDER516 said:
I believe this might help: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/56493-caanoo-cover-problem-solved/
be careful the caanoo is nowhere near as easy as the dingoo to take apart and the screen is the most difficult to take apart. unless your very confident and extremely careful i recommend you not even try it yourself.

blues2 said:
Hvatig said:
SiRTHUNDER516 said:
be careful the caanoo is nowhere near as easy as the dingoo to take apart and the screen is the most difficult to take apart. unless your very confident and extremely careful i recommend you not even try it yourself.
I tried, no luck. (I have taken my Dingoo apart though, and for the same reason too <_< I have bad luck with this... ) I contacted GPH and they said that they're setting up a customer assistance center in the US, I'll be able to ship it there in a few weeks so they can maybe get it removed and also fix a problem that I've been having with the analog stick.

Back