Current Release Data (Sept. 17)

Raz

According to the UNNOFICAL Roadmap, the release date is Sept. 17.

Since there are supposedly two weeks left to the guesstimate release date, it is likely that it will get more accurate or be moved. So, is it still Sept. 17? Will the date be changed? Or is there not enough info?

i believe it can only be said after the first 105 finally get tested and packed so hope on not to get
more delays (better not say a date if youre not sure OP Team)

we could get a good estimate when the first fully functional panda gets showed
and checked.

Almost 1 year after my preorder. Sept 17 is already unrealistic. As the mold needs to be finished , cases all need to be maked and they all need to be shipped international.

EDIT:

With the current state of delays they are able to release Duke Nukem Forever on this thing.

kittendeath-1.png

The September 17th estimate was for the "first assembled Pandora", ie. when we're likely to see pics of the first complete unit. Shipping would follow soon after of course, but it wasn't intended to be a shipping date estimate. Anyway, it looks like it could be a little longer than that (a week or two maybe?) but seeing as we haven't got any official information on that, I don't want to update it with a wild guess.

For the first 105 Pandoras, will they be tested by factories or will they be shipped to the first 105 customers for testing. I remember MWeston saying that the first 105 boards are guinea pigs for testing but there were also heaps of threads about who th first 105 go to.

Enverex said:
DNF jokes don't work anymore as 3DRealms was disbanded, as was the game itself... :(

I think that's kind of the point and it makes it even a better joke in this situation...

I mean, he was probably being sarcastic, but it kind of meant to me that the Pandora will never come out... which I thought was funny. OK, i'll shut up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shaun. said:
For the first 105 Pandoras, will they be tested by factories or will they be shipped to the first 105 customers for testing. I remember MWeston saying that the first 105 boards are guinea pigs for testing but there were also heaps of threads about who th first 105 go to.
They are being tested now, as we type, and have been for several weeks. If they pass they will end up as ordinary Pandoras for shipping to whoever.

socket said:
Enverex said:
DNF jokes don't work anymore as 3DRealms was disbanded, as was the game itself...
sad.gif

I think that's kind of the point and it makes it even a better joke in this situation...

I mean, he was probably being sarcastic, but it kind of meant to me that the Pandora will never come out... which I thought was funny. OK, i'll shut up.

Well, at least YOU got the joke!

DNF not being finished and 3DRealms being disbanded doesn't meant that DNF jokes don't work - it just means DNF jokes have to be a little bit different
smile.gif

(and possibly meaner, but hey)

Oh - it could also mean that no "commercial" games are ever released for the Pandora - for a given meaning of the word "commercial". I like jokes (heck, almost any sentences) that can work as well with multiple interpretations. I come from the same land as Craig (the land of Eng).

socket said:
Enverex said:
DNF jokes don't work anymore as 3DRealms was disbanded, as was the game itself... :(

yeah , I was sarcastic. I really like the Pandora and I think its close to release now.

Back