custom 3D printed golden Pandora Case

ingoreis

Hardcore Member
Staff member
Hi all..unfortunaly the Golden Pandora was good used here
and the Original Case was in not good Condition anymore.
That was the Reason for me to try to Print a new 3D Case for it.

That was Printed with Häfners Hub
https://www.3dhubs.com/stuttgart/hubs/häfner
Its is golden PLA.

It is printed and underway to me per Mail.
And here the first Pictures :)
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg

With PLA, I would suggest not leaving it in the car on a hot Summer day that is for sure.

That's an pretty low res print ftom the pix it seems, unusual for an (professional?) print shop those days. I hope it was at least cheap. ;)
These hubs are usually people who basically "rent out" their own 3D printer. They aren't usually professional outfits. Hafner's page states he's using an Ultimaker 2, which I don't think is proper commercial grade

Nice. Looks more like beech or some pale wood with that plastic grain on it than gold, but that's probably worth more in my eyes than mere gold.

But most of those pieces will need a bit of work to make them fit together I think. A little fine sandpaper and a bit of care should be enough to make that hinge and buttons fit. I'm not sure those lugs in the lid inner will mesh with the holes in the lid outer, but at least you've got screws you can put in the corners (all of which you'll need to drill out by the looks of it).

Keep us posted with your progress, please!

There's this youtube vids about smoothening the prints with aceton vapour, look it up!
It doesn't work on PLA, just ABS plastic.But I know there are some other methods like using a resin, but I haven't researched them.

These hubs are usually people who basically "rent out" their own 3D printer. They aren't usually professional outfits. Hafner's page states he's using an Ultimaker 2, which I don't think is proper commercial grade
Ah,OK. I don't knew the details. Is this Ultimaker 2 a good 3D priner?
I wonder if actual (affordable) commercial shops are around here in germany. But so far I had not much to do with 3D printing, could change in the Future, the technic is very promising.

For the rough surface I've seen Youtube Videos where people used Acetone vapour to smooth the 3D printed parts. Surely not the most healthy method but seems to produce nice results if done properly. ^^"

It's less than a week since the prints were posted to Ingo. If his postal system is anything like mine, the package may well now be sitting in the local sorting office for me to pick up at the weekend.

I have a feeling Ingo is a bit disappointed with the end result as he didn't post anything about the case any more ;)
I have been waiting for more news and pictures. I hope everything fits.

It's less than a week since the prints were posted to Ingo. If his postal system is anything like mine, the package may well now be sitting in the local sorting office for me to pick up at the weekend.
reminds me a bit of how things are here; I have checked tracking on some of my packages and saw that they arrived at the proper post office, then were sent to another post office and sorted again and sent back to the correct one, adding a few extra days shipping time. It doesn't happen often, but I remember a couple times.

News:
The Case arrived.
I am realy a little bit dissapointed but i must say its not that Bad as you Think :)
The Case need manualy a bit work on sensible Parts.
Yesterday i tried to insert a Shoulderbutton and the Holder for it broke. :(
But all in all...it feel realy good here.
The Holder can be easy glued from me with Second Glue..hehe :)
The Display Part fit perfectly and maybe i build this Evening a Display in that Part.(have enough Spareparts here.
The Case itself feel nice in my Hands.
I will report when i have more News :D

Bad News my loved Cat has died before 2 Days.:(
2 Hours after this Photo...he was very ill. :'(
Zwischenablage01.jpg

I have here first 2 Pictures of the Display Part.
It feel more stable that i thought.
photo_2016-10-24_13-30-48.jpg
photo_2016-10-24_13-31-08.jpg

Back