Cyber Gp32

Tobriand posted on Sep 7 2004 at 10:05 PM said:
it might not do much yet, but its fun to see happen :)

not do much yet??? IT'S GREEEAT !!!!! :p :D

Aiken

Last edited by a moderator:
Very cool.

I wonder if it's possible to power the USB->Ethernet adaptor via the Ethernet cable (PoE), thus removing the need for the 5v circuit. Hmmm, maybe the USB adaptor would have to actually support this for it to work...

Very cool Toholl! I was disappointed the last time I missed the server but I'm glad I finally got to see it!

Keep up the excellent work!

/me confused

Is it serving via the serial or usb/ethernet?

If its using the ethernet, why is the serial connected (or for using a serial terminal to type into the shell?)... or if its serial sering, why the usb ethernet? :)

So much gadgetry on a poor gp32; the cyborg.

jeff

I'm pretty sure the serial is for accessing the gp32, as the chatboard is so slow!

You, sir are a bonafide fucking madman!

Insanity respect +20 :D

skeezix posted on Sep 8 2004 at 02:46 AM said:
/me confused

Is it serving via the serial or usb/ethernet?

If its using the ethernet, why is the serial connected (or for using a serial terminal to type into the shell?)... or if its serial sering, why the usb ethernet? :)

So much gadgetry on a poor gp32; the cyborg.

jeff
Serial adapter is used for my development process (did you ever tried to develop and test code with a chatboard ;) )

sam fisher posted on Sep 8 2004 at 07:35 AM said:
will it be on again tonight? if it is please say how many hours till its on.
It will be accessible again tonight and the night after.
From approx 10PM to 7AM at GMT+2.

I'm wondering though, which USB Ethernet adaptor did you use? And were the drivers included in the kernel (no extra patches needed?) Because I've thought of a way to turn the GP32's unpowered USB into a powered one, with just two AA batteries (Can be rechargables, or not, whatever you like), and a few easily obtainable components. I wanted to test it with either a WLAN adaptor or an ethernet adaptor. Seeing as WLAN is a bit tricky (The kernel needs to be patched, but there are no patches for 2.4.13), I settled on ethernet. I saw in the xconfig of the kernel that there are three USB ethernet drivers (All experimental). Which one did you use, and which USB ethernet adaptor? Thanks!

Tristan posted on Sep 8 2004 at 08:46 AM said:
I'm wondering though, which USB Ethernet adaptor did you use? And were the drivers included in the kernel (no extra patches needed?) Because I've thought of a way to turn the GP32's unpowered USB into a powered one, with just two AA batteries (Can be rechargables, or not, whatever you like), and a few easily obtainable components. I wanted to test it with either a WLAN adaptor or an ethernet adaptor. Seeing as WLAN is a bit tricky (The kernel needs to be patched, but there are no patches for 2.4.13), I settled on ethernet. I saw in the xconfig of the kernel that there are three USB ethernet drivers (All experimental). Which one did you use, and which USB ethernet adaptor? Thanks!
I use an Edimax 10/100 ethernet-usb adapter. It needs the Pegasus driver to work on linux.

Back