D&g

kulak4

Still Fresh
Hi.
I have one question about Dungeons & Guarder. Is it a good game? Do you recommend it? How high will you rate it, from 1 to 10? Is it in English? From what, I read from previous posts, this is a classic scroll-fighter with RPG elements, am I right? And can I take the DOOM from net, or do I have to I buy it(if so, from what shop). I saw, that it is in action pack or something. As I said before(in oldest post), I bought gp32 BLU version, with 128 and 16 MB SMC, cable and 2 cd's full of software. But I'm not still not sure, that I did the right thing. You talked about PSP, that it has neogeo cd emu. And from this isn't a long way to MAME which can handle cps1 and 2. Looking from the technical side, it is possible to create the same emu on gp32 with about 90% of speed and sound. Because I have a lot of time, I will try to do this myself. But it will be a lot easier, if I had enough knowledge. I'm still a newbie in creating programs. I will get down to work, as soon as I get this console. Wish me good luck :)
See Ya.

I have Dungeon and Guarder, i bought mine a loooong time ago from JoyGP, which is no longer in service, and they patched it so it was in English, not very good English, but English none the less.

It is much like Golden Axe only crappier. Don't get me wrong, it is a fun game, but the only person I can get far with is the archer, he has long range attacks and is easier to kill bosses. I get my ass beat by the bosses when i'm using a hand to hand combat character. The graphics are ok, about as good as SNES. The gameplay is choppy but playable. The best thing is you can use your experience points to either gain items, or level up. When you level you get a new magic spell to use. Personally, i hardly use the magic because I get the items to my my STR as much as possible. I was to the point one time that i could kill almost every normal enemy in 2-3 hits. Like most side scroller beat em ups, there's really no incentive to replay unless you want to try to get all the magics for each character.

As for Neo Geo CD emulation, i don't think its possible. If you want to know what can be emulated, look at the SNES state of emulation. If we can't emulate SNES properly, than anything more powerful will not be able to be emulated properly, more than likely.

Hi.
I didn't say, that I want to create the neo geo cd emu, but I will try to modify MAME, so it can handle vendetta or terminator roms. It is probably a lot easier(possible), than neo geo cd emu. And what do you think about Multi Card Reader 6in1 (USB2)? Does it make possible to use more than 1 smc card at the same time? About D&G-it will be better, if I play Golden Axe 1-3 or punisher. At least I don't waste money.
Bye.

yeah don't waste your money. You can play much better side scroller beat em ups on DR.MD. or just get a SMC for nothing but Beats of Rage and mods for it.

As for the 6 in 1. I have one, but it only has one slot for SMC, but you can copy the SMC to your hard drive and re copy back to another SMC, its not hard. I'm not sure if there are card readers with more than one SMC slot or not.

About BOR and it mods...It is the cool thing, man! Maybe, if i don't to this MAME mod(and that will probably the thing end), I will do a Vendetta and Knights of the rounds modify for BOR...it will be a lot easier(just look on AVP:Aftermath-how does it looks...).

yeah, the AVP mod is awesome. I personally would like to see some sort of star wars mod for beats of rage, and there are mods for beats of rage to make it like Golden Axe that would be tons better than Dungeon and Guarder.

But is this man, who create AVP nad Asterix mods for BOR still working on gp32 software? His homepage is broken...and this modes were did about 1 year ago.

I don't think the mods were made specifically for the GP32. BOR was originally made for Dreamcast, it just so happens that most of the mods also work on the GP32. But I think i'm getting this mixed up with another BOR pak. I can't remember and I don't have my GP32 with me to check since i'm at work.

Beats of rage for the gp, the following definately work
AVP (aliens vs preditor)
Asterix and Obelisk
Dragon Ball Z (very good demo)
and lots more.

I would suggest these over D& G anyday (although I would suggest All for Princess:Her Knights over all of them).

The original bor was from DOS by the way :)

have lots of other console/handhelds always come back to the GP32

lots of freinds have sold the psp to buy gp32!

stick with it - you wont regret it! always something new to play!

best card reader www.ebuyer.co.uk

99p inc postage - reads everything

6 in 1 can be a bit temprimental!

sPaCe :ph34r:

mth411 posted on Jul 5 2005 at 07:46 PM said:
Beats of rage for the gp, the following definately work
AVP (aliens vs preditor)
Asterix and Obelisk
Dragon Ball Z (very good demo)
and lots more.

All found at www.gp32x.de actually do work on the GP ;)

Now, if I find some more spare time, I'm going to test and add more...

Last edited:
Back