D-pad Issue W/ F-200 On Uae4allgp2x 0.8.0 Beta?

Gorstag

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Hi everyone nice to join you all, got my :gp2x (F-200) yesterday as a gift and I love it :D

So anyway to cut to the chase I tried Chaos Engine on the latest uae4allgp2x and I'm having a minor problem in going diagonal, UP-LEFT and UP-RIGHT work fine its just DOWN-LEFT and DOWN-RIGHT that don't seem to work. I'm assuming it has the same issue with other games but I haven't tested them yet.

Thanks for any help in advance. ;)

diagonals on the F200, "dpad" are b0rked in many applications =(

I WANT NETHACK!!! damn it

lol, since a couple people got a f200 for xmas, maybe it will speed up patches and new version... in the meantime there are no known workarounds

Shadowfire said:
its just DOWN-LEFT and DOWN-RIGHT that don't seem to work
I encountered the same issue while playing ur-quan masters. I got around it by assigning accelerate to the right sholder button. Judging by what I saw when assigning buttons, specifically when trying to assign 'diagonal' directions to a function, I think the problem has to do with when both directions are held at once it thinks of it as a separate button, wheres the game is expecting to see both directions.

We'll probably just have to wait for fixes.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem likely comes from programs expecting diagonals to be separate single buttons, as was the case with the F100 stick which had eight directions. Such little things are easy to fix, and I think a lot of GP2X programs are already dpad-ready since that was needed for compatibility with modified F100s.

Aww that's a shame, I hope somebody can write a fix for it then :(
I'm playing around with SDL at the moment and gradually picking up a thing or two.

I would love to play Nethack too hehe, I'm not a brilliant player (fell for the old floating eye trick, stole from the vault, etc...) I tend to play TomeNET, and Nethack via telnet at alt.org which I'm guessing you know about already heh, interesting spying on other people and seeing how they play different race / class combinations.

Thanks for the feedback anyway, I'm a patient guy so no worries ^_~

Congratulations. This must be the first time an emulator has emulated bad hardware. You couldn't get diagonals to work on Amiga joysticks too. I hate to say it because I bought the F200 for Amiga stuff but Chaos Engine on a Megadrive Drive emulator works better than a real Amiga with one of those pesky joysticks. I call it progress in a nicely retro way.

oldboy said:
Congratulations. This must be the first time an emulator has emulated bad hardware. You couldn't get diagonals to work on Amiga joysticks too. I hate to say it because I bought the F200 for Amiga stuff but Chaos Engine on the SadoMasochist Drive emulator works better than a real Amiga with one of those pesky joysticks. I call it progress in a nicely retro way.
Maybe you had a crap joystick, mine always did diagonals fine on the amiga.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back