D Programming Language For Gcc

There's also the LLVM D Compiler :)

ARM?

Supposed to work?
A version of LDC compiled to emit ARM and Thumb code, paired with a custom runtime, has been used to successfully compile programs for a Nintendo DS, but nothing very formal or official has been gotten together
source

Bye, Magic Sam

From website:
ARM?

Supposed to work?
A version of LDC compiled to emit ARM and Thumb code, paired with a custom runtime, has been used to successfully compile programs for a Nintendo DS, but nothing very formal or official has been gotten together

Hi,

@mcobit: could gdc or llvm D help you port other japanese shmups to the Pandora ?

Bye, Magic Sam

Well, yes, if there was somebody, who would setup this compiler to produce arm-asm.
Then it would be useful, don't think I could do it myself though...

@ mcobit: I'm on the IRC gdc channel atm, I'll see if I can find any useful information for you :)

Could gcc produce arm-asm ? If the answer is yes then:
GDC is a frontend for the D programming language. By using GCC as a backend, it gives us the ability to target the same platforms that GCC targets.
source

Bye, Magic Sam

Found this:
http://wiki.osdev.org/GDC_Cross-Compiler

Maybe I could try to get a gcc with the D compiler running.

Edit: Maybe not today, but in the next week...

On irc.freenode.net #d.gdc, I've asked if gdc could produce arm-asm code, and the reply was: "I think so"...
It seems some things still need to be implemented for ARM, which is not officially supported right now, but, I quote, "things can be made at least partially functional"...
Do you think it's worth a try ?

When I hear that, it wouldn't be likely to work. I will try though,but if i run into brickwalls, I will give up.

Back