Daff's Adventure 2

kake_fisk

Still Fresh
Website
www.sacredwater.uni.cc
logoolr.png
Daff's Adventure 2 is the prequel of Daff's Adventure. I'm entering the Riot Digital Tag-Team Competition with this game, so please consider voting for me if you like my game, it will help me much. You can also read about the game on my own website Sacred Water.

Description
Daff's Adventure 2 is a platform game where you play as the little circle Daff, who lives in Circleville. But after defeating the evil Warlock Nexus in the prequel, Daff again, needs to save his village. This time, an evil leader has risen to power in Squareville, with a hatred of all other shapes than squares. Circleville is threatened with extinction, and it is up to our hero, Daff, to save the village again.

Screenshots
game_daff_2.png
screen4.png

screen2.png
screen3.png

Platforms
  • Windows
  • Linux
  • Caanoo
  • Wiz (Coming soon)

Download
Direct download (Windows)
Contest entries page

Looks funny, I've tested your windows build in Linux with wine. I was a bit surprised at the big download size. Do you have a whole Caanoo Emulator in your program? :p Just kidding. I really advice to make ports for the pandora, dingoo and gp2x, too. You just need the toolchains and have to modify the control a bit. The WIZ Version should work with open2x on the gp2x per default.

And did you think about more then one type of tile for e.g. the grass? If you would have 3 or 4 different grass tile types, your scenery would be much more interesting. And what's about a parallax-scrolling background?

The idea with the circles against the edged geometric shapes is great btw. :D

greetings, Ziz

Wait, I think you tried Daff's Adventure, not Daff's Adventure 2. And the large download size is because I used WAV music. I didn't know that the WAV format was an uncompressed format at that time. :p

But I'm glad you liked the game idea, I used quite some time to come up with a good story. And I agree with the graphic part. I should indeed remake the tiles I'm using. I also like your idea about parallax-scrolling, it would make a nice visual in the background.

For the ports, I think I should focus on getting the game finished first, as I don't have so much time left until the deadline. But if I do get some time at the end, I'll look into it, so thanks for the tip. ;)

Kake_Fisk said:
Wait, I think you tried Daff's Adventure, not Daff's Adventure 2. And the large download size is because I used WAV music. I didn't know that the WAV format was an uncompressed format at that time. :p
Ah, ok. Your sceenshot looked exactly like what i've played, so I thought, it's the same. ^^

But I'm glad you liked the game idea, I used quite some time to come up with a good story. And I agree with the graphic part. I should indeed remake the tiles I'm using. I also like your idea about parallax-scrolling, it would make a nice visual in the background.
:)

For the ports, I think I should focus on getting the game finished first, as I don't have so much time left until the deadline. But if I do get some time at the end, I'll look into it, so thanks for the tip. ;)
Of course, finishing should be the first goal. But keep in mind, that the deadline was moved to the 9th July. ;-)

greetings, Ziz

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I really needed that extra time.
By the way, I've upgraded my graphic, look at the screenshot in the first post. I'm just wondering, do the tree match the other graphics?

Do you still need music for the game? I could knock something up for you... what sort of style are you after and how much music do you need?
Sorry about all the questions :)

Oh because I'm already involved with Puzzletube, this won't affect the competition will it? Sorry if it sounds like I'm double teaming, but I'm just trying to help out with as many music projects as possible at the moment as I have quite a lot of spare time.
Cheers,
Nick.

You will burn... IN HELL! :p
No, the rules say:
  • Entrant can enter several separate entries, and the same entry for several platforms
  • Each entrant can only win one prize
  • Entrant must team up with at least one other team member from one of the communities surrounding the consoles
So, that means, you can join as much teams you want, but if you get the first and the second place, you don't get two Dingoos. :p

And I think you forgot, that I am still in two teams and develop two games. ;-)

greetings, Ziz

Ah, I was going to hear with the competition holder if it was okay. But I guess it's allright then.
I would be very glad if you could make some music for me. I'll PM you a bit later today about it.

Back