Dave Grohl: Music Visionary

Link

ithic.com
Website
www.ithic.com
http://www.npr.org/event/music/173331505/dave-grohls-sxsw-2013-keynote-speech

I've respected him since Nirvana.  I liked him with the Foo Fighters (and as the original Foo Fighter).  I was a huge fan of Sunny Day Real Estate until he stole some of them.   

His advocacy for bands like Queens of the StoneAge has really stood out with the test of time, as he'll be drumming on the new album.  Seeing him drum with them on Songs for the Deaf tour was a highlight.  My ex-girlfriend managed to get a drum stick from one of the stage hands, eternally envious.  You can't turn on your TV without getting a QOTSA song in your brain these days.  That goes back to a Wendy's commercial with a Josh Homme side project called Eagles of Death Metal. 

I think he has a really great message here for artists, both digital and analogue. 

The new Sound City album is sick, I can't wait to see the documentary.  

It would be nice to smoke a bowl or drink a beer with DG. 

Austin is the only city I'll ever visit in Texas.  Got to spend some time there in 2002 or 2003, its a blur.  SXSW may be on my agenda for next year.  Any Black Angels fans among us?

I heard the piece on NPR about the Sound City Album and his awesome sound recording setup. I picked up the album shortly after.

http://www.npr.org/event/music/173331505/dave-grohls-sxsw-2013-keynote-speech

I've respected him since Nirvana.  I liked him with the Foo Fighters (and as the original Foo Fighter).  I was a huge fan of Sunny Day Real Estate until he stole some of them.   

His advocacy for bands like Queens of the StoneAge has really stood out with the test of time, as he'll be drumming on the new album.  Seeing him drum with them on Songs for the Deaf tour was a highlight.  My ex-girlfriend managed to get a drum stick from one of the stage hands, eternally envious.  You can't turn on your TV without getting a QOTSA song in your brain these days.  That goes back to a Wendy's commercial with a Josh Homme side project called Eagles of Death Metal. 

I think he has a really great message here for artists, both digital and analogue. 

The new Sound City album is sick, I can't wait to see the documentary.  

It would be nice to smoke a bowl or drink a beer with DG. 

Austin is the only city I'll ever visit in Texas.  Got to spend some time there in 2002 or 2003, its a blur.  SXSW may be on my agenda for next year.  Any Black Angels fans among us?
Black Angels remind me of Velvet Underground.... ler's go to the Factory!!!

oops time warp :wacko:  

Last edited:
Back