Release Day Timer/Organizer Software

Eisner

Still Fresh
Hello everyone,

I was wondering, not being a Linux user, if there are such programs out there that could be used on the Pandora.
This is something that I would really like to use my Pandora for.

Thanks,

D)

I don't know if they'll be including something by default but linux has a whole boatload of available software for day planning; one suggestion is that if you're ever looking for everyday type software take a look at sourceforge.net, typing in "day planner" gave me over 600 results ^_^

There are plenty under Ubuntu/Linux OS, if you don't mind booting that up, a google search turned up a few:
Osmo: A daily organizer
Day Planner and Calizo: Simple calendaring tools

Not sure how hibernate/standby will work on the Pandora, so, those applications might not be as ideal, as, judging from the videos, it takes about a minute and a half to boot (which is already great for a modern OS, but not ideal for a PDA).

A better idea would be to have native code, or even a PDA OS thats compiled for ARM. Opie comes to mind. I think there was a thread on the main forum that was discussing these things.

-Origin

Thanks guys.. That helps. I was going to do a search but I thought that this might have been discussed before on the old forum.

Cannot wait for my Pandora. Glad I ordered one. I will be using mine mainly for gaming but using it for my planner, work shifts, etc.. would be great !

Since I am a Windows user, Linux will be a learning curve but nothing that I cannot overcome.
My first computer was a Commodore 4032 ( Fat 40 ). Anyone remember these ????

D)

I like the Lightning calendar add-on for the Thunderbird email client. I have it running on XP and Fedora Linux, and it works great on both.

why is everyone so afraid of linux? do people expect it as a "command line" OS? Linux is open, free, and easy to use. There are many many many programs for calenders/day time organizers since people probably made them already... The whole point of linux = open community, you'll find almost anything.

while i dont know my a$$ from a hole in the ground over programing anything in linux ive used it in several systems already ...

and to the original poster while not exclusavly a pim there is a open source note manager called Notecase with several Linux builds its one of the few ive found that are data independent (can embed any file or data , or link to any local or network file ) that ive found.. most only let you do links or embed images .. works really sweet on the office laptops for managing info , drivers , office docs ect ect ....

Back